GH 50: Discussion for the Month of April - May 3, 2013

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Yeah, I am really not seeing the down side for Ellie here. The truth will literally set her free from Spinelli. Talk about a break from the soap gods. If nothing else, Guza would be proud of your "it is not your secret to tell" opinion. LOL!

• Members

I agree with you, Cheap. Ellie eavesdrops on a conversation, comes to her own conclusion based on no FACTS and begins to start an investigation -- including entering into confidential medical files? Granted -- I think what Maxie's doing is disgusting, but that's Maxie's own chickens left to roost. Ellie has absolutely ZERO RIGHT to invade Maxie's privacy. She's a medical professional and every patient, regardless of moral discrepancies, is to be given that right. What next? Maxie has cancer and is lying to everyone she knows. So Ellie, who overhears Maxie eluding to some secret to her health, decides she has the right to invade Maxie's medical records to find out what Maxie's talking about and expose her? ON WHAT PLANET DOES THAT MAKE SENSE?!

Love the actress all you want to but, goddamn! Get your head out of her ass long enough to know that Ellie Trout is being downright despicable in her actions! I hate Kirsten Storms and her version of Maxie, but I'm not ignorant enough to think Maxie's medical situation is Ellie's business!

• Members

Of course, Guza still influences how some fans view GH. The man was the main/sole headwriter for ~10 years. The Labines have been gone even longer and for a segment of fans, their writing influences the prism through which they view GH. Hell, look at Y&R to this day some people's perception of the show is still influenced by Bill Bell's vision. This does not strike me as controversial or even hugely debatable in any way.

Archived