GH: ANOTHER RETURN!!!!!

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

This makes no sense to me at all!

You always have the best ideas!

There are so many flaws with these returns that it's not funny. No one is asking for a perfect story, but A story would be nice. Like Carl suggested, why not let Frisco return and reminisce about Georgie for this short time. Having him make a bid for Felicia and mention Georgie in passing during his Colgate commercial is insane!

• Members

These ideas are fine in a Claire Labine-fanwank-everything needs to be somber and sullen-why are there not more people giving dramatic monlogues--someone please narrate what you are feeling--isn't anyone dying?--kind of way.

These people should come back like the way Jagger came back, or Robert and Anna came back is what is being said here. What crap. No one is dying on the show thankfully, no one is depressed, no one needs a special visit so the their child can tell them how sad they are. Why would anyone want to watch an hour listening to Maxie whine and cry about Georgie? Where is the fun in that? How is that entertaining and going to put a smile on my face?

It is the 50th and it is a giant celebration, I say go for wall to wall returns just for the sake of it, everyone says hello, and fun is had by all. Bring back Jeff Webber to do a song and dance with Liz or maybe bring back Rose Kelly to volunteer to cater the whole thing from Kellys...it is just supposed to be a nice trip down memory lane.

• Members
Right. There's no need to address the valid issues Maxie should have with her father for abandoning her, never being in her esters life, never trying to forge any relationship with her, or his sudden return to take her mother away from the man who raised her again. She should be like "dad, I love you! Yay". Same for Liz and Jeff honestly. Screw any story or character. Just bring on anyone from the past and put a bow on it. Because its the 50th anniversary! YAY! No.

• Members

After Maxie yells at Frisco in the first segment what does she do for an encore in the second? There is only so much "why God why?!?" a soap can take. Frisco is back for a short time. The show can use that time to feature Maxie berating Frisco every episode or use it to take a trip down memory lane with F&F. They wisely chose to go with F&F. Is it serious drama the actors can put on their emmy reel? No, certainly not but it doesn't have to be. All it has to do is make you look at F&F and remember how much you liked them and consequently feel good about GH. Olivia got to cry last week and Kate the week before that. That should meet the tears quotient for the month I would think.

• Members

The Maxie and Frisco angle had a lot of potential and its something that should have been explored. Her issues with him has been building up for years. She has serious abandonment issues with both her biological parents and she's had horrible relationships with men. I think its a copout and a disservice to the characters to just ignore that, gloss it over and move on. Frisco's return is an instant fail to me bc of that. She hasn't seen Frisco since she was 5 years. How they have her forgive him and be all cool upon their first full episode together is beyond. That's awful writing no matter how you slice it. Hell we NEVER even got to see their first encounter with each other in close to 2 decades bc there was NO followup to the cliffhanger which had her laying eyes on him,

• Members

Your right.

What ever could be done to explore the damage he inflicted upon Maxie by abandoning her. Kids abandoned by their parents should totally just yell once, then be done with it and laugh with them.

And it isnt like they could explore his dramatic relationship with Maxie and still keep the light and fun angle with mac and felicia. Nope. Only one story per character and it must be fun! got it.

• Members

I think it's great! They are really making an effort to honor the past 50 years. GH is doing a great job if you compare them to Y&R.

Y&R MAY mention a past character in their trivia contest, otherwise it's all about who's onscreen now, and most of that is about relative newcomers. Jill & Kay were front burner for over 35 years yet there is NOTHING about them past, or present, going on.

Whereas MCE who plays new character-Chelsea,(the unknown child of newer chararcter Jeffery & newbie/pointless character Anita) and who I identify more with AMC, is all over the YR40 promos and is one of those chosen to represent Y&R on other shows. They chose her over Sharon Case for The Talk???????

Archived