AMC: The Prospect Park Era (old production thread)

• Replies 9.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I guess my concerns/issues/whatevs have to do with the fact that AMC (and OLTL) prides itself these days on not being Your Grandma's Soap Opera; that, now that they're online, they're "bolder" and "racier" and not into perpetuating the typical soap opera crap. And yet, AMC is now on Hulu (which is free, btw) and what do we have? Two SORAS'ed kids and a character returning from the dead. (Won't say who, since this still might be a spoiler-free thread.) What's next, fellas? A WTD tale and an evil twin?

• Members

I'm only on Episode 4 of AMC, but kudos to the writers for making the teen scene so realistic! I do not know how many girls there are in my school (including my friends) that are drugies and bisexual.

• Members

I don't mind the cheese. I do, however, mind the rush job on their romance, as well as the fact that Pete being so hung up on this girl after the transformation he has undergone seems illogical.

• Members
Was she a grandmother of a preteen/teenager?there wasnt anything inherently wrong with the characters being SORASED. The problem was SORASing out of order. Thats the one thing that always gets me. If a character was born before another character, they should ALWAYS be older and SORASing needs to be consistent across the field. Dani coming on as 15 was fine, but that being the case, Jack should have been 16

• Members

Exactly. Don't get how they're such in love after they meant on the street. Who the !@#$%^&*] would be attracted to her by talking to her for a few seconds? She eat a dirty apple...

LOL I can relate dragonflies, my great grandma was like 45 when my mom was 13. I'm just happy she's still alive and fairly young and I can see her.

Archived