Gross & Perverted Soap Opera Moments

• Members

Trassions needs a thread of its own:

Chad, upon learning Whitney was his sister, continued to try and make a love connection with her by baiting her with the incest baby they thought they created. Yick!

They eventually learned they were not related, but the magnitude of filth before the revelation was not meant for TV.

• Replies 264
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I always thought it was sick that on Y&R Laurie Brooks wanted her sister Leslie to think that Brad Elliot was spending the evening in bed with her instead of coming to an important concert of Leslie's. When she took to the stage she kept thinking about it and had a mental break down. Later her ID was stolen and she wound up in the psycho ward with some other crazy women who tormented her. Later after Leslie recovered. Laurie wrote a best selling novel about it to add further insult to injury.

Vaness Prentiss on Y&R was obsessed with her sons Lance and Lucas to the point it was borderline incest.

Most the characters on Y&R don't shower after sex and sometimes go to bed with another character with someone else's DNA still on them. Jack Abbott comes to mind as one of the worst offenders.

Nikki on Y&R ate a 3 day old rancid tuna sandwich she had in her purse when she was faking illness and pretending she couldn't eat. She later got food poisoning and the jig was up.

• Members

Was this when she was trying to keep Ashley away from Victor? What a stupid way to end that story.

There was a lot of talk back when Carly on GH had sex with Tony almost immediately after having sex with AJ. No shower, nothing.

• Members

I also have to add the "Taylor please help me lose my virginity before we die of hypothermia" scenes with Taylor and James on B&B. Just an awful, bizarre storyline.

And any time the Forrester family became obsessed with devirginizing women in their family. I remember how quickly Jessica came to town and she <gasp> stayed in her room and practiced music </gasp>, so Ridge had to make sure there were men lining up outside the door to help her become a true Forrester. Kristen had a story like that too, although at least that was supposed to be wrong and inappropriate (Stephanie hired a man to bed Kristen so Kristen wouldn't be close to her father).

• Members

ATWT---Paul continuing the baby switch deception and acting as if Johnny was the spawn of the devil who would ruin Jen's life with his very existence. Even I (who truly did consider Craig the devil) cringed listening to Paul justify that he was "protecting" his sister---when he was the one continuing Jen's pain and pushing her into a looney bin and drug use.

---Parker and Liberty having sex. And it was all about the age difference of Mick Hazen and Meredith Hagner.

GL---Poor Nadine Cooper being wrapped in a rug and flung into the lake for months. ICK.

----Jammy. 'Nuff said. Rewriting Jonathan from a seriously disturbed sociopath who knowingly seduced his cousin after (or before/in addition to) making Cassie think they'd slept together to a "misunderstood" punk who knowingly seduced his cousin but "really loved her" while he screamed at her day after day (although that was the way he talked to everyone) grossed me out.

• Members

If I remember right---poor Nadine (who had mostly annoyed me to no end) was basically within feet of the dock, and it seemed like everyone and their mother would go out there "to get away from it all" and pour out their whiny problems over her corpse.

While I hate to mention the "r" word---the entire Spa story ATWT did was dark and sinister once you got past the fluffy white spa robes and funny blue drinks. You had Carly and Em being "experimented" on, Hal being tortured and brainwashed hiding James' comatose body in hospital basements, while Babs and her melted face made "family dinner" as Parker sat and colored at her kitchen table. Not to mention Julia imprisoning Jack, rebreaking his ankle and tying him up in a straight jacket to drown him. And that went on for like four months. Not exactly the warm, fuzzy "grandma soap" we were used to....

...oh, and I believe someone mentioned the infamous scene of Em chaining up Dusty and making him eat out of a dog bowl.

• Members

I believe he said words to that effect in defending himself, yes. IIRC, he had no problem with portraying a gay man (again, some of his best friends...) but he felt it was OOC for Adam to sleep with Rafe, since Adam never had given any indication before that he even was bisexual, let alone homosexual.

• Members

Ironically, though, he was right: it was OOC for Adam to have sex with another man. Adam never leaned that way, so to speak. But Chris Engen, IMO, should have left at that without mentioning knowing gay people IRL. To me, that's like trotting out your friendships with Barack Obama and Oprah Winfrey to prove you're not a racist pig.

• Members

I don't believe Adam having sex with Rafe was OOC simply because it wasn't for fun or because he was interested in him. It was a means to an end. I don't think Adam is gay or bi but just a sociopath. Or at least he was under that writing regime. He used whatever means to get what he needed done.

Another gross one. On Days - Kristen DiMera having a miscarriage and hypnotising John into sleeping with her almost the next day (side note: Kristen threatened the doctor to keep the miscarriage a secret and planned to get pregnant again as soon as she could, the doctor played along but screwed her over by lying to John that they couldn't have sex for the remainder of the pregnancy) John calls out Marlena's name during sex and she keeps on going.

Archived