GH: OLTL Characters OUT!

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

The "eventually want to go much younger" definitely caught my eye. I'm trying not to think too much about it at this point. My journalism classes have made me hate the lack of identifiable sources, though Jamey has been right in the past thanks to his moles. It's just not worth getting oneself all worked up over this stuff until we see something actually happen.

• Members

Yeah, I know I probably shouldn't even focus on it. Far too soon to even worry about it at all right now but just something to keep in the back of our minds, I guess.

Anyway ... I really couldn't care less about where John or Starr go. They can go off that cliff in Port Charles for all I care LOL. Although John and Todd are kinda fun together. John at least comes alive with Anna and Todd. He was so depressing on OLTL. Still kinda is but at least there's been a few sparks here and there.

I'm torn about Todd. I like him on both. A lot.

• Members

I suspect something like this could easily happen. Todd's identity could easily be changed again. Maybe Irene had triplets? Maybe he is some random guy implanted with Todd's memory and given plastic surgery.

John can be Calab, somehow made human.

Not sure about Starr.

Are any of these actors really going to want to go to a web soap when they are on TV now. I mean, to the degree that it's their choice, I don't see that they would.

• Members

I can only speak for myself, but I gave up on GH years ago and only started watching again because Frank, Ron, Todd and Starr joined after OLTL was canceled. However, I've kept watching GH not only because of them, but because I've enjoyed the stories of Heather, Anna, AJ, Tracy, Felicia & Mac, Lucy, Connie, and even (to my surprise) Sonny. And I'm looking forward to all the returning vets over the next few months.

If I had to credit anyone for the improved ratings, it would be Frank and Ron for writing and producing a show that's kept me interested, and ALL of the actors and actresses whose performances have kept me entertained. I think it's silly to claim that any one or two characters are responsible for the ratings going up; it's the overall entertainment value that I'm enjoying, even in the stories I don't love (Spinelli, Maxie, the surrogacy). I'll miss Todd, Starr, and John (well, mostly Todd), but I don't think losing one or more of them will affect GH's ratings much because so many other storylines are on fire right now.

• Members

Todd's is the easiet and would make the most sense. However, the ariticle makes it sound like ABC are in bed with PeePee, and if that is true, there is no way RH can stay on GH if he does not cooperate with PeePee.

Let's hope he is only needed to wrap up the Victor crap and then he comes back to Carly, and that's all I care about!

John and Starr? Bye!

• Members

I am pretty sure Roger still lives in NY but commutes to CA I swear I read that somewhere.

Vee this is why you rock lol. +1

I can't wait for those cheering to have egg on their faces cause this is clearly temporary if it is even true. If the actors aren't gung ho(and I doubt they are) and ABC keeping them, I see ABC winning out in the end

again +1

• Members

If this is true, that cuts down my haphazard viewing of this show down to a quarter (if even).

While Frank was smart enough to bring back the vets that I loved while dumping half of the rotting trash to keep me engaged beyond Todd, his Shorty, and McBain, I sure as sh!t will be tuning the hell out once again if:

a. they get rid of the folks that they've brought/they're bringing back (AJ, Lucy, Anna, Robin, Robert, Kevin, Scott, and Laura)

b. showkiller Guza/cryptkeeper Frons/bootleg Janet Wood replace Cartini*

*ETA: However, as much as I do enjoy the improvements that they've made to GH, I'd be over the moon if Cartini were replaced to make way for the Dream Team (that'd be Labine & Riche) to pen GH's twilight year(s).

Archived