Snake on a Plane

SnCCorinthos4ever

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

After getting over my initial shock, I feel sorry for him/her too. Hung in like a trooper though.

Pythons and boas don't creep me out like smaller snakes do. I don't have a phobia about being constricted, more like, a smaller one getting in my house (or between my sheets!!!).

What troubles me is that it went unnoticed when the ground crew did whatever I assume they're supposed to do in terms of combing over a plane in preparation for a flight.

• Members

BTW, have you all ever watched this show called Infested? One episode profiled a family in Iowa I believe who had a garter snake infestation. The husband literally could not walk in the back yard without collecting dozens of snakes (they don't mention what he did with them once he had them in the bucket). The coup de grace was when he put two and two together and realized why their tap water was tasting so funky... it was the same oniony smell left on his hands after he'd catch a snake (garters excrete a musk from a gland when they're frightened). He did some subterranean investigation, and discoved that hundreds (if not more) of snakes were hibernating underneath their house which was essentially snake Grand Central. They had no choice but to move the !@#$%^&*] out. Try selling THAT house. I'm a compassionate person, but I'm sorry, dynamite immediately came to mind.

• Members

I'm sorry but I don't feel bad for it. I'm still horrified that I looked at those images. I don't fear alit of things but I definetly fear snakes and I might have been freaking out had I been on that plane. My mind would have been wondering if there was more and if it had snuck on inside. I'm set to be flying in a week and this really disturbed me

• Members

I'm extremely paranoid about snakes, like, don't even wanna be in my backyard during the summer scared, and I admit that when I've taken long bus trips I've had the "snake escaping from someone's bag" fear a couple of times. I remember reading an interview of Tom Pelphrey when he was on GL and used his own pet snake on the show. He said one morning when he was riding the train in from Jersey, the eyes of the people sitting across from him got real big as his snake had poked his head out of his bag and began to slither out.

I love it when people sneak their little dogs on Amtrak and I get to play with them, but I'm that !@#$%^&*] who would report you and your snake.

• Members

Wish I could say the same but I can't... lol

Back in Guyana when I was little, I was getting ready to go to school one morning only find a snake in my sneaker. Ever since then, and a few other not so frightened encounters, snakes and I don't eye to eye.

Despite all of that, now that I'm older, I've been wanting to hold one.

• Members

You've been reading FAR too much soap hunk sex fantasy fiction.

I HATE snakes. One time I opened the door of our pumphouse, and as I swung it open, a snake that was coiled up on top of the door fell down on my shoulder. This must have been 1983/84.. to this DAY, I still stand way back when I open that door! LOL This one will REALLY creep you out, and it's totally true. I was driving back from a job one day, in a more wooded area of town, and this hawk SWOOPED down in the ditch/shoulder area of the road and grabbed a small garter snake, maybe a foot long. He took off with it, and flew across the road, but his talons lost their grip, and the damn thing fell RIGHT into a Mazda Miata convertible. You never seen such freakout from people in your life. the car was to the side of me, so we were laughing our butts off, but the people in that car were none too pleased, I can assure you.

• Members

Yikes! about the snake on the pumphouse door. It's random occurences like that that really freak me out. I don't even like to flip over the recycling bins in the summer and I hate leaving the garage and doggie doors open.

I have to admit, that's pretty hilarious about the hawk dropping the snake in the Miata. It almost sounds like he did it for kicks. laugh.png I would have wrecked the car no doubt.

Archived