Matt Dallas comes out

alphanguy74

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I always had a feeling he was ever since he did an interview on the View.. and Elizabeth H asked him if he were seeing anyone... and the way he answered totally reminded me of myself whenever someone would ask if there was anyone in my life (and they didnt know that I was gay).

I think it's awesome that he is out and happy!

• Members

Wait, Matt Dallas wasnt out? But he dated that guy from mean girls, like out in public and never hid it. Congrats to him for getting engaged.

I hate how the media makes it a huge deal about "coming out" if you go to his tweet there is no shocking responses or anything, because he never hid it. I remember when Matt Bomer "came out" by thanking his husband and the media flipped out about him being married to a dude and having kids when again, it was never hidden.

• Members

I understand that, to a degree. But in the case of Bomer - he and his husband and kids were out and about in public. Dalls has dated more than one other actor, and he and the dude from Mean Girls were out in public all the time, holding hands even. Colton Haynes is the same way, as was Anderson Cooper.

I find the need of the media to run with DALLAS COMES OUT! more insulting than anything, becuse he didnt hide it. No, he didnt go on the cover of people and declare it either, but i dont find that he needed to. Itd say a lot more about the media and our society if the media could just run Matt Dallas engaged to boyfriend. But i guess that isnt shocking, but i guess my point is his being gay isnt a shock either.

• Members

I would say it's insulting if I thought openly gay men had more of a presence in Hollywood (in front of the camera, anyway). But every time an actor does come out, for all the (I'm not talking about here, I'm talking about at other sites, generally more gay-related sites) "WHO CARES? EVERYONE COULD TELL HE WAS GAY. INSERT BITCHY REMARK HERE." stuff, I end up thinking more of someone who is still going to be happy to be surprised and happy with this news or see it as something that might inspire them in their own life. Of course to a lot of the public he's just going to be another generic white guy, but I'm still glad to see it. I think of something like this every time I hear Rupert Everett or that twit at Newsweek talking about how you can never be out if you want a career.

• Members

Good points. Although he didn't "hide" he never mentioned a boyfriend or anything in passing when asked in interviews. That's the difference between someone like him who never really HID, but wasn't really OPEN, either. As opposed to someone like Rufus Wainwright (although he's a singer, you get my drift) who was always open from the get go.

Archived