DAYS: January Discussion Thread

• Members

I was hoping it was going to be a boy as well. Still hating the [!@#$%^&*] out of Nick. He needs to be killed off....lol

Loved the scene with Adrienne and Sami.

Still dont get why Sonny isnt pissed off that Will sleep with Gabi after they had an argument. Besides the lying of the baby...

And Rafe...!@#$%^&*]..!@#$%^&*]...!@#$%^&*]..him.....he thinks his sister [!@#$%^&*] dont stink...

• Replies 444
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Nick bristled when the word "insane" was used Wednesday, so he is clearly still touchy about that, regardless of whether he is in fact crazy now. It does suggest the show might be going there. Gabi's natural instinct seems to be trying to keep the peace with Nick and Will, but Nick is being more manipulative and shady, with hiding the sonogram appointment as an example. My trying to make excuses for Nick is probably going to have to end soon. I'm glad people still like the character as a whole and Blake Berris though, even if not how he is in this story.

Right after Will "admitted" to EJ the day before he hadn't thought he was doing the "right thing" and had taken the easy way out so he could be with Sonny, he claimed to Nick and Gabi that no, it wasn't because of Sonny, it was because he "convinced myself" it would be best for the baby. I could see it as inconsistency from day to day, but I think moreso this is a matter of who he was talking to and also being caught up in the moment when arguing. Will is not above covering himself a little and lying about the purity of his motives, he's not a saint. Also, the truth of his initial motivation is somewhere in between these two claims. I still think he did think it was best for the baby to an extent; I'm glad he didn't completely disavow his initial decision even on Wednesday, saying maybe he could give Nick that if the child had never known Will was the father, what they agreed on might have been best.

But that isn't an option anymore, and with that, Will has made a firm decision. He will not give up custody. i just hope this doesn't get taken as a declaration of war by Nick and Gabi. I'm still hoping for a more layered story than an all-out custody battle.

I liked Sami and Adrienne's talk. and Sami's talk with EJ. It was nice to see the parents square off. Adrienne was justified in her concern for Sonny, yeah, but what I liked best was Sami made great points about the harsh reality of the situation.. Will's life has forever changed. A college student, gay, single, who will not be viewed favorably by a judge in any custody decision. From a relatively carefree life, he will now, at a young age, be responsible for a child till the day he dies. What Sonny experienced truly does pale in comparison. I hope Sami and Sonny can talk about that too and Sonny can see that Will needs him and Will has a huge responsbility on his shoulders now.

Sonny and Adrienne's talk was also good. Stuff from September was used well. I can see why he would be feeling like she was doing an "I told you so" and how she would feel like she was just concerned for her son. The complexity and emotion in so many of the scenes on this show are just brilliant!

I liked Will's talk to Sonny as well. It rang true enough. I'm glad Will smiled at Sonny and Sonny gave him a chance to explain himself, even if it was unsuccessful. I'm sad Sonny walked away at the end. I think Will could also have added that he didn't lie just because he didn't want to lose Sonny, he had also promised Nick and Gabi that no one else would know because it was best for the baby not to have the possibility of that secret coming out and finding out later in life that Nick wasn't its dad. Will could have really tried to explain to Sonny what his concerns were for the child -- the shuttling between parents, the custody battles. But I guess since Will doesn't think it was the "right thing" anymore what he had decided before, he can't explain anymore why he once thought it was the right thing either.

SoapSuds is right to point out that Sonny should also have been curious about Will sleeping with Gabi in the first place though, even if it was when Will and Sonny weren't yet together.

I'm glad Abigail overheard that Cameron was giving Gabi a sonogram and told Will. A bit contrived, but it still made for a good ending with Will walking in on it and finding out the baby will be a girl.

I'm glad Cameron didn't forgive Chad. Chad broke the law eavesdropping on medical information. I know the purpose of the grudge for the writers is mainly to help build up a Cameron/Abigail/Chad triangle, but it makes sense too that Cameron would not just shrug it off as a doctor. It also makes sense that Sonny is qucker to forgive Chad since Sonny did need to hear the truth.

I never saw Lexie but it seemed powerful how Cameron said that she would have been ashamed of what Chad did.

Is EJ being genuine and selfless helping/defending Sami and Will, or is he being manipulative swooping in on Sami in her time of need to get back together with her as Rafe alleges? It's a little of both but which is the bigger motivation? I got kind of a creepy vibe from EJ at times on Wednesday (which is fine -- it's nice to be able to have multiple interpretations of a scene).

• Members

I'm pretty sure Nicole said granny.

I read on another board that Sami found out awhile ago (when she was still Gabi's friend) that EJ knew something about Gabi and was blackmailing Rafe with it. But Sami doesn't know the specifics that it was about Melanie's kidnapping. EJ does know the specifics because Chad told him.

• Members

when was that? I want to go look it up now

Sami to Adrienne: " I dont care if we are in public. I will take you down" :lol: I dont get the point of Adrienne confronting Sami. This has NOTHING to do with her. What is Sami supposed to do for her? What did she really expect to accomplish in that scene? She is completely irrelevant to Sami and her current family issues

• Members

I really, really wish they'd give Justin a B story to make up for the fact that Peter Reckell isn't there. He's the best current male actor on the show. And his scene the other day with Nick was fantastic.

• Members

I love Wally, it's really disappointing that the writers don't invest in him. He's the "supportive Dad." I can't help but think back to his days on GH when he played Ned's altar ego Eddie Maine and was actually in the limelight. Is there proof of what Gabi did? If so, it should be used as leverage against her.

• Members

The only "proof" that Gabi did what she did is that Nick and Chad and Gabi engaged in the legal agreement to keep her secret and Chad's beating of Nick a secret. It essentially admits her guilt legally. Also, she's confessed the truth to Rafe, Chad, Melanie and Justin (not admissible).

Perhaps Melanie will send a fax to Daniel off screen and he can come in during the custody trial and read the five page document to expose Gabi.

Archived