DAYS: January Discussion Thread

• Replies 444
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Because it's someone else's turn, we got alot of mileage out of Bo over the years, he needs to take a seat and be a strong supporter now. I will say he helped make the show (what's left of it). What it is today. The shoe can't revolve around Bo and Hope anymore, but it damn sure should be featuring their offspring front and center. Shawn, Chelsea and maybe even JT should be there. But on the flipside, we can't cater to all the "legacy" characters because then everyone is related.

• Members

But the problem with this is that DAYS do not have very good male actors in his age range that has Peter Reckell's popularity. Peter Reckell can act circles around Shawn Christian and Drake Hogestyn. Other than the underused Wally Kurth, there is currently no other gifted actor who is currently in that age group. DAYS did a bad thing when they let Peter Reckell go. Bo is a popular character and could have been written for if they actually cared about their leading male vets like Y&R and GH does. Drake has never really been capable of leading a story (even though he was lead character for years) It has always been Deidre Hall leading the stories that involved Marlena and John. If DAYS wanted to really pass the Peter Reckell baton to another lead actor, they should have found one that was actually capable of being a lead actor and Shawn Christian (bless his heart) ain't it. I can deal with actors who are capable of leading but are assigned a supporting role due to story, but I hate when soaps turn supporting caliber actors into leads. UGHHH! (end rant)

Archived