GH: Discussion for the Month of January

• Members

Saw this on another board, from Nelson Branco

“It sounds more like the death of Todd and Blair.”
—A BITTER Kassie DePaiva on Twitter in response to an innocent interview GH’s Laura Wright gave SOAP OPERA DIGEST that shipped Carly and Todd as a big pairing for the show per a conversation she had with head writer Ron Carlivati at the show’s Christmas Party
Translation 1: Blair spent 10 years hooking up with men like Victor Lord, Spencer Truman, John McBain, Cristian Vega, Elijah Clarke and Tomas Delgado... but Roger Howarth can have no action without me! —@SourceRyan
Translation 2: If I had a contract on GH, I wouldn’t care who Todd slept with! It’s all about the Benjamins!
Translation 3: I could care less who Trevor St. John slept with.
Translation 4: I’m the anti-Genie Francis! I want my character paired with a superstar rapist!

Nelson Branco ‏@nelliebranco
So over this couple sh!t. Death of daytime. And actors... you should be ashamed of yourselves for participating in this sh!t.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Jilted wife, my asparagus. KdP is simply echoing (again, too diplomatically for my taste) what many have been saying for months. The fact that Blair wasn't even around for this reveal is especially jarring when one hears the Slagbeast voice everything that Blair would had actual reason to say verbatim in those scenes - down to that stupid heifer having the cojones to wonder why Todd confided in his daughter instead of her.

Ron decided that instead of bringing Blair along with Todd and Starr (which would've been too much like right) that he had to throw both of those beloved and full-fleshed characters under the bus by attempting to make the Slagbeast resemble a human being. Not only was attempting to salvage her not worth the marginalization of Todd and Blair (and from what I hear of this week's episodes, Starr's well on the way to being that), you can expect folks who've watched either show/both shows for years to suddenly buy the fact that the Slagbeast and Blair are interchangeable. They're not and never will be because while one has evolved (along with the perfectly imperfect coupling of T & B, the other has never evolved past being the rancid mess that has greatly contributed to the ruination of this show.

As for the idea that the backlash is from devoted T&Bers like myself, well, I've read plenty from those who never cared for the couple. While we may not agree on whether T&B is endgame and have had other ideas as to whether Todd should move on/who he should move on with, we share the same opinion that the Slagbeast isn't and will never be it - no matter how much Ron insists on trying to make that sh!t happen.

• Members

The only sad idiots here are Cartini for expecting folks who've watched Todd Manning for years to believe that he'd grovel to be with a bootleg version of Blair Cramer when the real thing is alive and well.

At this point, the best bet at salvaging what is left of Todd Manning is for PP to swoop in and take ownership of this character so that he can skidaddle away from this terrible storyline that Ron's written for him.

Archived