HOLIDAY MIRACLE: Prospect Park Back On Track To Revive AMC and OLTL

• Replies 8.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

It was always a bad timeslot--and many affiliates simply didn't even air the show (or did at 1am)--I think affiliates fropped Ryan's Hope too. Agnes' original plan to snadwich it between AMC and OLTL made more sense.

The City's final three months did see ratings begin to climb slightly--which is significant only because at that time all of the other ABC soaps ratings were dropping. (And yeah Daytime to Remember did get fairly good ratings, much to everyone's surprise--but remember speaking of redheaded step children, they weren't even going to air classic OLTL till fans complained--in the end AMC got three weeks, OLTL got 2 and I believe GH got four).

It was impossible for me to find anywhere--so I finally got it on ebay--I think it really is worth reading, like the AMC one the interviews are actually more candid than you expect from any official soap press nowadays.

• Members

I don't think EON ever did too well on ABC. Wasn't its first issue the fact that it used to be on, true to its name, late in the lineup--and when they moved it early it lost a big chunk of audience (people have claimed partly due to the large number of women workers and men who would get home in time to watch it)

Archived