Tony Geary/GH

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Well, you're right about tossing those folks over for Laura, though I can't say that she needs to end up with Luke in the end. As much as I loved L&L in the 90s and acknowledge that Luke has (somewhat) improved from the dreadful days of the Guza/TG alliance, he's got a long way to go before he is worthy of her.

• Members

That would be unlikely, with GH probably only lasting another year or two, and salary cuts, for longer hours.

I'm not saying that the regime change wasn't a factor but I don't quite buy the idea that he left because he was so threatened by the flop known as Michael Easton. I think he saw this as the best time, which, if you have enough money saved up, it probably was.

• Members

If they were to bring Genie back as Laura, I would like to see Laura as a confident business woman, who is friends with Luke and they can all be together without romance with their children and grandchildren. I'd definitely like to see it revealed that Laura is married or still involved with Scott Baldwin (opening the door for him to come to town later on) and explore their dynamics as a couple with her ties to Luke through Lucky and Lulu.

• Members

Agreed - however I wouldn't put it past him to say no way in hell will he do L&L again, and that would end most of the Laura story, so what's the point in bringing back an actress who's reputation for not always being a team player, is fairly well known.

• Members

Remos, while I see where you are coming from, I still think their is lots of potential for Genie Francis and Laura without an L&L pairing. Doesn't Laura have or did have a cosemetic company?? You could tie her in working with Lucy, as part of her company. Also, we could explore her life in outpatient treatment while she is rebuilding relationships with Lulu and Lucky and getting to know her grandchildren. Their's also a lot that could play out from her time off screen. Are she and Scott Baldwin still together?? If they're not, then what happend?? Perhaps Laura caught the eye of some rich Parisian business mogul, who comes to Port Charles later to reunite with her or maybe Scott Baldwin comes back to try and work things out with Laura??

Archived