Y&R December Discussion 2012

• Replies 381
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I enjoyed today's US episode, minus Cane and Lily. Jill looks fabulous and I hope she continues to grow her hair out. And I loved her comments toward Katherine, "You're 300 years old, its a wonder you're able to sit upright."

• Members

So the iconic Chancellor set has been changed.From what I can see,the set is now being shown from a different angle.Previously we saw the fireplace wall,with the sofa directly in front ,the entrance to the room leading to the hallway to the left and the opposite wall with windows to the right of the sofa and fireplace.

Now the front view is the doorway and the sofa is now on the opposite side of the room.We now see the wall to the left of the room entrance which was never shown before (the fourth wall) and it looks identical to the wall that was previously on the right of the sofa. I wonder why this has happened??

As for Jennifer Johns being fired,the costuming has been awful for years.

I am interested in Mason and Tyler so far,but they seem kind of interchangeable looks wise (Mason is cuter).

Alex the cop seems sleazy.

Overall,the show has marginally improved but there is still along way to go.

• Members

I'm not upset about any of the new guys. Alex reminds me of a John McBain clone and is in a storyline I don't like. Mason is ABSOLUTELY PERFECT. He's so sexy and you can tell he's a GREAT actor. Tyler is the worst actor of the bunch, but he's very good looking so I hope he can get it together. I wonder if all three will get story. It looks like Mason was created on the fly. Has he had scenes with Uncle Sarge yet?

• Members

I had joined that forum many moons ago after I had joined the old Soap City boards (remember them?) before Soap City was acquired by Sony, I believe, and became something completely different. I thought the old Soap City was fun but I think I only posted a handful of times on Soap Central and I pretty much forgot about SOC until after Soap City folded. By then, so much time had passed that I couldn't even remember my screen name nor password. I had to start a new membership.

I tried posting but I know what you mean by restrictive, I got a few of my posts deleted, even though my critiques were dialogue, character and storyline related. I never once made a comment about an actor or a specific writer but the (bad) product of what the writers often churned out.

You could never have a frank discussion on that board. I have peeped in at some of the comments over the past year, curious as to what people would post about the piss poor writing of the stories. All people ever seemed to talk about was couples and fan bases. Nary a discussion of actual writing nor of dissecting the anatomy of a scene or an episode.

It's just the same tired talking points and phrases :plot driven vs. character driven (hey folks, you actually need both, I felt like saying), 'well, so and so have chemistry...' as if some explanation for mismatched pairings, terrible storylines,etc. If you actually wanted to talk about the history of the show before 1995, you'd probably have no responses to your post.blink.png

In short, I didn't care for the good folk at SOC.tongue.png

Sorry for the rant, everyone but I guess the mention of that board stirred up more than I thought. You don't know how long I've waited to get that one off my chest!laugh.png

• Members

They still are. Heaven forbid we post ANYTHING about Dru/Victoria Rowell. . . People get nasty (mods too) and it's deleted. And if you don't post anything that the mods like, they delete it. Many of my threads on the Y&R board (mainly about that Pill Poppin' heffa, Nikki and her kids) are deleted. Heaven forbid I express my utter disdain for Nikki or Victor without it being posted. I'm at my wits end with that site.

Archived