Y&R December Discussion 2012

• Replies 381
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

No, I take that back: if Elizabeth Hubbard were interested, I'd have her join Y&R as Jill's biological mother, the former love of Neil Fenmore's who supposedly committed suicide after giving birth. (Of course, we'll learn she didn't commit suicide, that her family had faked her death in order to keep her and Neil apart.) And the big twist is that her son (from a subsequent marriage) is having an affair with Victoria.

• Members

I know they'd probably have to go younger because the original Keemo might look too close to Jack's age but why is Peter Bergman so vehemently opposed to revisiting that relationship?? Isn't Jack supposed to pretend to want to be a father to all his kids?

This is why I get irritated when Phick fans (and I know that's who they were/are) suggest making Faith Jack's daughter instead of Nick. For what? So she can be even more neglected by a parent than she already is? That suggestion always wreaked of wanting to erase a perceived threat to this vaunted Phick love. Give me a break!

But I only see Keemo reappearing on the scene after some major arm twisting. You're probably more likely to see Victoria Rowell come back than ever see Keemo.

I could see her playing Jill's Mother. The interplay with Jess Walton and Jeanne Cooper would be delicious.

• Members

LOL. Yeah, I kind of wondered that myself in the spurious comments he made about Victoria Rowell's supposed mental instability--those comments seemed rather below the belt to me. Rowell had a great retort for him though, mentioning how common it was to call Black artists crazy whenever they call out for change. (As Chuck D once rhymed "...yeah, they wanna treat me like Coltrane, insane...")

• Members

And then there's the Cliff/Angie romance, which ALL MY CHILDREN dropped abruptly and mysteriously, with "viewer discontent" as the official explanation. I'm not saying some viewers didn't raise a stink about Angie hooking up with Cliff. Whether you were a fan of Cliff/Nina and/or Jesse/Angie and didn't want to see AMC pull a Shayla (DAYS), or you are opposed to the idea of any interracial relationships whatsoever, the risk of that particular pairing and story rubbing you the wrong way was/is bound to be high. The more I've thought about that situation, though, in light of other things (PB's vocal opposition to the Keemo/Luan story, his comments re: Victoria Rowell), the more I think the audience became an easy scapegoat for AMC and ABCD.

• Members

I know ALL MY CHILDREN's ratings were faltering, and that incoming EP Felicia Minei Behr had a mandate to shore up the ratings and cast. However, I always suspected there was more to PB's firing from that show than what met the eyes.

• Members

Let's not act like he was a Y&R vet before the fist fight with Eric Braeden. That was fairly early into his run and that SCREAMS diva. He's always came off as a diva, so I wouldn't be surprised if AMC was simply happy to be done with him. It irritates me that Braeden often has the negative reputation with fans while he's always been very upfront about what he wants and how he feels. I find someone like Peter Bergman more irritating because they try to have it both ways and be more undercover with their drama.

• Members

On the other hand, a new character would allow Elizabeth Hubbard to portray her unfettered, without any threat of being compared, favorably or not, to previous actors by audiences.

No, but...I WANT AGIM KABA TO BE THE NEW DANIEL. I don't care if the SOB can't act for [!@#$%^&*].

Archived