Y&R December Discussion 2012

• Replies 381
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I think there was a lot for Nina to do if they used her properly. I felt they treated her as if she were older than she was. I wish she got to mix it up on the canvas more and work at Restless Style (she's a writer!) and she had a rivalry with Victoria that was ignored. She should've been interacting with Neil as she did in the past. She was just isolated in her story and when she did appear it didn't mean much. Nina was a fun, bitchy, nerotic character back in the day. I wanted to see some of that! I wanted to see her insecurities and her scheming. And I don't buy the BS about her living out of state. She LOVED working on Y&R and would've worked as much as they needed her. Also since Jeanne Cooper allowed her to stay at her house, she didn't even have to pay to travel. I'm sure given her Emmy nod and all the initial attention she would've considered staying on if they wanted her to, even on contract.

• Members

Yeah, it's just a basic lack of understanding for so many characters which bothers me. Sharon, Phyllis, Christine, Nina, Katherine and even people I don't care about like Chloe or Victoria are all written in such a weak manner. These were once fierce women with distinct personalities and relationships, but it's like they're just dead inside.

• Members

I am glad he is being used in this way since he was killed off. It bugs me though when he says things that aren't exactly true - like the tongue lashing he and everyone else gave Jack about besting poor poor Victor Newman. Ghosts should be fair and see the complete picture. :P

Agree!

Agree again! I want TC on Y&R as often as she would like to be.

Never gonna happen for me!

• Members

I completely understand why we need John. Because they Abbotts are lacking a patriarch and Jack will never fit the bill. But it really does look so stupid that John was killed off since he comes down from the tanning bed in the sky every month. And sometimes his scenes are really annoying and other times they are just weird like whatever that was in the boat early this year. Which dumb writer killed him off?

Archived