GH: Actress Returns

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I thought the first few were the ones who worked best, and by the time you had subplots like Bobbie and Jerry's sex tape accidentally being on the AIDS awareness video, it had lost its way.

I liked the OLTL musicals well enough (overall), but it mostly depends on the characters involved. I don't care about Sabrina or Britt or any of that. And you can't really see Todd, Carly, Sonny, or McBain singing or dancing. It was hard enough to believe back in the day when someone like Taggert would be up there.

• Members

Even when a well-loved vet returns, people can't take the time to enjoy the news before they once again attack GH as a whole for what they "think" will happen. It's a shame.

I loved Lucy on PC, silliness and all, so I am very excited to see her with GH again!

• Members

It could well be botched. The only reason I'm at all optimistic is because I imagine this regime may see the character as similar to Andrea Evans's Tina, and to be completely blunt it seems like the shelf life of GH is closer to where OLTL was when they brought AE back for the second time, as a last Valentine to her fans, than the first time, when she was incorporated into (e.g., used as a plot device in) longterm stories. But I'm just really happy we'll get to see Lucy again. Lynn Herring is amazing. I will watch GH again to see this, however it turns out.

But yes, World AIDS Day is December 1, and the article says LH first airs on 12/14, so when is the Nurses Ball going to be? This doesn't imply she'll be around until June (again, it seems dubious that GH will).

• Members

Agreed. I imagine she'll be zany comic relief, and while that can annoy people, I liked that side of Lucy. I liked the pain too, Lynn always played that beautifully (she was a little hyper in both comedy and drama but you always felt her pain), but I think she can pull it off. I mostly hope they'll use her history with people like Felicia and Luke.

• Members

Seems like the ABC soaps are all about the singing.

I mean it's a cute idea but can anyone really picture the stars from Y&R/B&B making these videos.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pbtdlsSIX2I

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UFGx2xSgAIM

I can just hear Braeden if this were the CBS soaps. "I am ASHAMED to be a part of this NONSENSE...Such BULLS*IT!....YA GOT THAT!

Archived