Clayton Norcorss (Original Thorne B&B)

• Members

I was thinking about the original actor Clayton Norcross who played Thorne on B&B back in the 80's. I see from a google search he has gone on to have a long list of acting credits, mostly in Italy. He still looks the same.

I remember being shocked when he was replaced suddenly by Jeff Trachta when I tuned in one day.

Does anyone know the story behind the recast ? Did Clay leave or was he replaced for a reason ? I read somewhere that he isl proud of B&B and still promotes the show.

Someone posted years ago on a message board a short blurb without explanation or proof that Clayton was involved in a minor scandal that got him fired. He supposedly tried to pick up a guy at the beach and he got beat up.

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I noticed after I posted that I screwed up his name in the topic title. I was typing in a hurry. I don't know if he is gay or not. I just remember that blurb being written on a board and was shocked. It could have been someones just trashing him or wishful thinking on their part.

I saw in the google search there were photos of him kissing a woman at different events. I don't know if she is his wife or girlfriend, or a date. It was written in italian.

Didn't know about the supposed drinking in sheilforever's post.

• Members

I thought Clayton Norcross's Thorne was cute but bland. Ronn Moss, while being a terrible actor, also had a lot of presence on the show and chemistry with every actress he had scenes with. I liked CH better than Jeff Trachta who, for me, was never particularly attractive, as sweet as he was with Bobbie Eakes. Honestly, Winsor Harmon IS Thorne for me now.

But hey, good for Clayton that he keeps working.

• Members

I honestly had to Google all these actors so that I could jog my memory of what they looked like.

Thank goodness I don't remember John Howard's Paul but now it makes sense when people used to talk about the bad actor who portrayed Paul, I never quite knew what they were talking about.

I think I must have watched and paid attention to about a handful of episodes between 1995-1998. Doesn't look like I missed much though. I remember Cal, Connor and Ryder but much of the rest of them I can only shrug. A whole cavalcade of forgettable characters.

Archived