Days: Scoop on Eileen Davidson's return

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Such a major move and of course Maria, the EXECUTIVE PRODUCER *AND* HEADWRITER is in Europe. :) She is a total mess lol. I also love her taking credit for bringing Ashley back during the strike. I find that hard to believe because she was coming out of retirement and given what we know now, I doubt she had a solid handle on what needed to happen off the bat.

I do feel for Davidson though, because it seems like her heart is at Y&R. I feel at this point Josh Griffith needs to consider Brenda Epperson as Ashley if he truly wants the character so badly.

• Members

Sony probably won't allow another actress playing Ashley at this point.

I've heard the whole point of bringing her back to DAYS on contract for only a year was to see if she would be able to spike ratings during their renewal year, and then transfer her back to Y&R (with her permission of course) if that was not accomplished or results were lukewarm.

• Members

I always preferred BE as Ashley anyway. To me she's softer. I think she also had more chemistry with most of the men. ED to me is too hard and cold an actress to play a 50 year old ingenue type. I think Kristian as she was under Reilly, certainly to me fits her much better. But I also don't think Ashley is critical to the canvas. If they want to bring back a female Abbott, bring back Traci.

• Members

I don't think Ashley's been relevant since the early 90s and I don't think Eileen's been suited to the role since she came back in 1999. She's much too cold and hard. She was a little warmer the last time around, but they had no purpose for Ashley. The Abbotts are gone, Abby is pointless, and they didn't care about her professional or love life.

I think Ashley is one of those characters only Bill Bell understood. Maybe if Eileen returns and SSM is writing, she might give her something to do, since she claimed she helped create Ashley, or whatever.

• Members

I know some have argued that Ashley was always a cold and hard person, and the character changed with Brenda, so they wrote around her softness and made the character more of a traditional soap heroine.

But I never did mind the writing for Brenda's tenure at all, or her performances. She's not the world's best actress, but had a lot of charisma and vulnerability.

• Members

I think the biggest difference is Eileen's first tenure had some tough actors who contrasted well with her, like Terry Lester. I could see why she battled with Jack yet still loved him. It wasn't the same with Peter Bergman, who plays Jack in such a weak manner and has for many years.

• Members

I seriously love ED. From the beginning on Y&R, I always thought she was written as a moral compass of the show - always trying to do the right thing. Then the sperm thing and the crazy thing, really ruined it. When the news came out, I posted that she was being "traded" and I hope she helps DAYS. The reality of Y&R is that it will take a long time at least 9 - 18 months to right the ship. Ashley is an easy character to slip right in to the fabric of the show. They just need to find a new leading man. (I really thought it was going to be Cane for a while. Lots of possibilities with the hubby of her best friend's niece, etc.)

• Members

I like that Kristen will be working at the church. I know social worker, Jen and Billie's BFF Kristen wasn't the preferred version of teh character, but I really enjoyed her.

Also, I love the idea of Eric and Kristen working together. Marlena will die.

Archived