September 24-28, 2012: DAYS/B&B/Y&R Up in Viewers and Women 18-49

Toups

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

It's almost shameful how people ignore that but I've decided that getting no online hype is part of the reason the show is doing so well. I'll be honest, the stories sound dreadful to me. I hated the Taylor/Ridge/Brooke neverending triangle and Liam/Hope/Steffy sounds like exactly the same thing.

Sigh...I have to admit that I miss having a soap to watch.

• Members

I'm glad for Youtube, mostly. And then sometimes I can transfer my old fan obsessiveness onto something else for a while, even if obsessing over Big Brother or watching a dozen Doctor Who fan videos isn't exactly the same as taking in Nixon, Labine, Marland, etc.

I don't watch B&B very often, but apparently they know what works for them. I just wonder what the backup plan is.

• Members

I've never been a clip watcher, not even for my absolute faves. Watching clips either makes me sad because I miss them or angry at how things ended, depending on the story. The best of/worst of threads here on the board sometimes inspire me to check out things I missed. Thanks to those threads I finally watched Frankie Frame's murder and Margo's rape. I also went back to check out old GL clips which only brought home how tragic that show's final years were.

It's funny. I can watch reruns of classic sitcoms and sci-fi over and over but I can't bring myself to rewatch soaps.

I wonder, does anybody know what kind of viewer research they do? Frons was famous for using his focus groups as an excuse to do whatever he wanted. Does B&B do focus groups?

• Members

With Brad Bell's ADD ways I can't imagine he'd pay attention, although comments like making B&B into One Tree Hill might mean focus group.

If you ever have a chance you might want to check out the Edge of Night episodes on Youtube, or the Another Life episodes, which are being put up from the first episode.

• Members

B&B is a perfect example of why I can't take online feedback that seriously because everywhere you read about B&B(which admittedly is not in many places) posters have talked about how much they hate the triangle. I tend to think like many onliners, their "fatigue" is more about the fact that Steffy is not the clearcut winner than anything else, and she seems to be a favorite online or at least by folks who post frequently(not necessarily on this site).I'm not suggesting the triangle isn't tired at this point, but the show has obviously tapped into something to keep the general viewer engaged and to even draw in some newer viewers.

I personally think the show just happened to find 3 younger actors that clicked and complemented each other well and all seem to be well liked as characters by the audience. They are attempting it appears to move away from the nonstop focus on the triangle with some story tied to some of the other younger characters and a non Ridge Brooke. We'll see how long that lasts before BB gets tired of it and reverts back to Steffy, Liam, Hope AGAIN nonstop.

Archived