Y&R: Spoiler

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I've never been a fan of this character either, and his second incarnation (portrayed by Muhney), I've found particularly distasteful. People keep using the word 'grey' to refer to his character. That character hasn't been grey since Muhney took over the role. He's been a felon, there's no grey about that. A psycho, Milton Berle wanna be, baby stealing and switching, eye jabbing, felon. I would love to see anyone with any sense of logic explain to me how someone who has committed the type of extreme actions (although, I realize that extreme has become the new normal on Y&R during Hogan Sheffer, uh, I mean MAB's stewardship) that Adam has taken. Going by that logic then Sheila Carter should be a 'grey' character!rolleyes.gif

Characters like Jack Abbott, Jill Abbott, Nina (in the 80s), Dru at times, were all grey characters. Heck, I could even make a case for Victor being a grey character. I refuse to put Adam in that category, especially as Muhney has portrayed him. It is as ridiculous as Phyllis playing the part of heroine.

Okay, I am finished with my rant now.whistling.jpg

Maybe the new HW will reset some of these characters.

I think MM already must know of the FOJ because he is really attempting to ingratiate himself on Twitter now. Perhaps he's aware that Y&R doesn't truly need Adam.

• Members

Muhney was miscast from the start, and always looked much OLDER than Morrow and Heinle, when he was supposed to be younger.

And it's not like he ever plays against the writing, he plays the character as unsympathetically as the writing. They need to write this character out for a few years, and if they bring him back, he needs to be re-tooled severely with a much more capable actor.

I doubt that will happen though...

• Members

"Grey" has become a codeword for "this character makes no sense."

There's nothing "grey" about Adam. He just goes wherever the plot goes. How did the character end up marking time with the world's noblest drug rapist, making a business with Kevin (someone who would likely be seen as repulsive by someone with Adam's farm and business background) and the gnat Chloe?

The only reason this character has a following is because MM is a good promoter and some fans think he's hot.

Archived