GH: John Ingle has passed

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

We're looking at a generation of people who have forgotten how to process emotions privately. Plus in events like this, some fans are desperate for a sense of community and anyone who isn't rending their garments in public is a threat to that idea. Instead of harassing people on Twitter, how about some of these folks make a donation to the American Cancer Society in his memory? Oh wait, that wouldn't give them a chance to compete for the chance to throw themselves on the casket. dry.png

Now that's what I call living life to the fullest. Good for him.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Members

John will be honored Saturday

http://beverlyhills.patch.com/articles/general-hospital-star-former-bhhs-teacher-to-be-honored-saturday

Before John Ingle became famous for his longtime role as Edward Quartermaine on the hit soap opera General Hospital, he taught high school drama in Hollywood and Beverly Hills.

Ingle's former students include Lenny Kravitz, David Schwimmer, Nicholas Cage, Crispin Glover, Laraine Newman, Chuck Rosin, Jonathan Prince and many more.

Ingle died Sept. 16 in Los Angeles. He was 84. In remembrance of the positive influence Ingle had on countless students, a memorial is taking place in his honor from 1-3 p.m. Saturday, Oct. 27, in the Peters Auditorium at Beverly Hills High School.

Ingle's former students expected to perform at the event are Maria McKee, E.G. Daily, Patrick Cassidy and Joely Fisher. His family will also be present.

If you didn't catch Ingle on General Hospital, you can find him in the '80s cult classic Heathers or HBO's Big Love. He also made an appearance as Robert Dunder, the co-founder of Dunder Mifflin Paper Company, in the popular series The Office.

• Members

Thanks for including the link Carl! I wasn't sure if you had seen that Video of John playing the judge during Ryan and Victoria's wedding. I was shocked that he was even on Y&R.

It's even more funny that Scott Reeves would later star in GH with him....I have to wonder if they remembered each other from this little scene many years ago.

Archived