The Classic Film Thread

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

It's touching to see them trying to make the effort, as they certainly don't have to, and it is probably going on deaf ears (that pig Zaslav likely sees this as a sign he's doing the right thing). I feel like there's a sustained movement in this country now to wipe out anything remotely artistic or educational, in schools or on television or in films. It's really ramping up. We're just going to get more trash like those bigot Gaines or exploitive Honey Boo Boo trash.

• Members

Not necessarily. The profile I posted up top indicates he is highly susceptible to fame and flattery, and kowtows to those he considers to be big names in Hollywood.

But you're right that there is a sustained cultural movement Trump was the flashpoint for, and while we've made some gains it's going to be a long road continuing to fight it off.

• Members

I don't care what David Zaslav tells the public, either directly or through a flunkie spokesperson.  He has every intention in the world of turning TCM into a different network entirely.

Bugs Bunny, Daffy Duck and everyone else at Looney Tunes/Merrie Melodies better watch their backs, because Zaslav's coming for them next.

• Members

Looks like you called it. WBD reversed the ousting of TCM’s 25-year head of programming (at least they’ll have his institutional knowledge, which had been a concern) and Spielberg/Scorsese/PTA will partner with the network to curate content.