Y&R: Yet ANOTHER former sitcom star joins

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

LMAO ! But seriously. This is not stunt casting by any stretch of the imagination. Outside of ODAAT, Bonnie has not done anything significant, so I am cool with the actors that entertained us long ago are given even these small scraps. Besides the chump change, it probably means a lot to them. And would we rather a real stunt in the form of that whore Kim Kardashian polluting any show?

• Members

Apparently it matters to the show, since they only seem to cast former TV names in these roles. It's not like they're casting based on great range - this sounds like a bit part, cast with her to get a brief headline.

To me it's a cheat. They cast minor roles with distracting actors, and any of these actors who do have talent never get to show it.

• Members

It reminds me of back around 1997, when Soap Opera Weekly blasted ATWT for hiring Kim Hunter in a bit part. As it turned out, the part was actually fairly important, and ATWT just hadn't told the press. Kim Hunter did a wonderful job (it was one of the first things I'd seen her in, as I didn't ever watch a lot of her movies) and she left a lasting impression.

Today, you have every 70's TV actor filing in to play roles no one remembers in even a week.

• Members

I don't know why everyone gets all bent about these minor roles getting cast with ex-TV stars. It was the TOP STORY on EW.COM's TV section. Isn't that the point? Why do you think prime time show do stunt casting (I'm looking at you: SVU, GA, DH, all the major comedies, etc.) Mission: Accomplished.

Archived