GH: Natalie & Liam spoiler

• Members

If this happens, I don't know if I buy that Natalie will return. The show spent most of OLTL's last year finding a reason to have him shun his child. Slugs like John are not able to deal with raising kids, and they are seen as cooler if they don't have children. On soaps today, men are hot only if kids aren't around.

This is an easy excuse for him to have pain, and John's entire history has been about pursing his lips because of the many, many pains he has suffered. Poor John, give him a pity [!@#$%^&*] because he's just that noble, et al.

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

The main problem is that someone running these shows will say, "KILLING A KID IS SOAPY GOODNESS!!!" when generally, ratings drop after kid carnage. Viewers don't want to see this, and the aftermath is often putrid. There was zero aftermath for Hope's death, and a big ratings drop.

• Members

I watched GH for a couple months with the OL characters coming over but couldn't keep watching. Just could not get into it.

If RC kills off Natalie that will upset me as I was always a big Natalie fan. Why would he "Have To" kill off Natalie as others have said? John and Nat barely got back together before the show ended and it was completely forced. They were on shaky ground as it is. I would very easily buy that it didn't work out. I also was not a huge John/Nat fan to begin with.

Why don't they say Natalie just realized it would never work out because John's need to always run after the nearest damsel-in-distress like he does? That would make story sense instead of killing off one of Viki's daughter's and grandchildren!

• Members

I think RC actually prefers Natalie to John. But Natalie won't get as much mileage for him on GH.

BTW: I see no source for the original post, so I tend to not believe it yet. Even if it were to happen, he'd bring 'em back. Why do people post [!@#$%^&*] like this without any source and make a whole thread of it? Is there not a rule about this? And yes, Scotty, you should know better by now. Especially with anon boards.

• Members

I think he gave up on Natalie after the stuff with Jared ended. I actually kind of wonder if Jared was the only reason he was interested in Natalie. Even if the Jolie reunion was mandated by Frons, the writing for Natalie was often terrible.

• Members

I think he wrote very well for Natalie as Natalie, until he had to kill Jared off.

I think he gave her bits and pieces of good stuff after that, particularly her killing Mitch. But putting her back with John was an albatross. Were this to come to pass I expect she'll turn up alive, as will the kids and Cole.

• Members

I thought putting her back in John's orbit was a big mistake but I dont think the writing for her was awful in her last year or so. I thought her story with the baby, Brody and Marty was one of the best things about OLTL in its last year. That stuff was entertaining tv

Pssstt! You just spoiled the November sweeps event when Alison Perkins teams up with Heather

• Members

I still think Guza is worse. He killed off legacy characters like AJ, Emily, Georgie, Alan, as well as other characters that were strong additions to the cast like Zander and Kristina along with multiple others who were important in their own right. Cartini seems to just be taking out players who won't come to GH. Cole and Hope were wrongful additions anyway and they should have never been created or added to OLTL under Highley(?). Killing off Natalie however is a misstep. Killing her off, after the soap has already been cancelled just seems mean spirited to me.

• Members

I mostly remember Natalie sitting around bitching with Jessica and then agreeing to marry a man she didn't even like, because of a baby. Then she was Marty's victim so we could laugh and laugh when Marty tried to kill her.

• Members

Guza may have killed off the Qs, but Cartooni, together, aren't as good as Guza's shoelaces! At least he told stories, and...THIS IS IMPORTANT...he wrote for GH! Cartooni were the absolute worst thing to happen to this show, and it can't be more obvious that they are using GH as the vehicle to rescucitate that dead piece of chit, OLTL!

[!@#$%^&*] hate that 2- headed clown!

Archived