Y&R: Interview with Daniel Goddard (also discusses soaps in general)

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

His first sentence was alarming. In regards to the writers. "Everyone is putting out the best they can"? Some scary chit right there.

Then I got cocky and read a bit further - turning the shows over to the audience? I'm sure he meant well. Idiot!

And as if i didn't torture myself enough by reading that, way too much OLTL 2.0 talk in there.

I need to be more selective with my reading choices.

• Members

I give him a pass. I don't think most of these folks understand the business of television. Turning over the shows to the fans? Yeah that's a recipe for disaster.

I actually like him. Cane is a mess of a character but I think Goddard is a genuinely nice guy who appreciates his job and doesn't phone it in like Miller or use fans like Muhney does.

• Members

he was never actually fired. It was all SL dictated. Cane fake!died in order to give Cane/Lily an 'OMFG, tres romantiq!' reunion (that nobody but a select few + TPTB + the actors gave a flying fart about) + usher in Genie Francis. Let's not pretend Y&R's show runners give a crap what the fanbases think, unless it gels w/ the trajectory how THEY want a SL to pan out.

Archived