Donna Summer dies at 63

All My Shadows

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Is this a bad dream?

I'm in denial, Donna's music has been a huge part of my life. I just have no words, and up to the very recent present she was still performing and her voice still sounded as great as ever.

I had no idea she was battling cancer for some time.

RIP. sad.png

• Members

I always found it funny that her UK lable released this crappy video for this song. Word is, Donna hated that this was picked as a single and refused to shoot a video for it.

It's of course from her 1989 SAW album, Another Place and Time

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/ZgX7XD39QUY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

• Members

This is so, so shocking. I wonder how our pal EricinMontreal is doing. I know he's a huge fan not just from his posts here, but on other music boards as well. In this case it's a shock because she's so young and I really had no idea. Just last year she was a guest just on Bravo's Platinum Hit. She seemed fine. Cancer can be such a sudden killer.

• Members

I love seeing that I Don't Wanna Get Hurt video. I never saw that but I LOVE that song. It's what drew me to the SAW album. I love all things saw. The saddest thing about her career is how much her talent was wasted on the 90s and 00s. Even her last album got a big push and they ruined it by releasing the wrong single off of a GREAT cd. I wonder what will come of the recent stuff she was recording.

• Members

My heart is so broken up over this. Just feeling kind of numb right now. We danced our asses of in my house to Donna's music. Spring Affair is my all time favorite and I still play today. Just can't believe she's gone.

• Members

Oh the memories. I was became a teenager at the end of disco, but I remember her and Diana Ross' music being played in the homes all around me.

Rest in peace, Donna. Your music brought so much joy and fun into the lives of people around the world and will continue to do so forever.

Archived