Infamous/Unique Contract Clauses

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Roy/Bobbie were so forced (as was the Roy/Hannah relationship). I had no real interest in Laura but I would have liked the possibility of Laura/Roy.

Speaking of contract writeups, when Jane Wyman learned Robert Foxworth had it in his contract that he could direct episodes, she demanded the same in her contract, even though she had no interest in directing. She also, when he got a larger trailer, had the trailer measured, compared to hers, and demanded a trailer of the same length.

• Members

Roy/Bobbie was painful to watch. Roy/Melissa was boring to watch. Roy/Felicia was a disaster to watch. All in all, I think that the A. Martinez experiement at GH was a huge flop.

I liked Melissa's interactions with Edward. I wish they pushed her into the Quartermaine sphere more. It would have been ironic for her to be the interloper as it was always Edward who despised them, and this time, he would be the one responsible for inviting one in.

• Members

You have GOT to love an old school Hollywood veteran diva like Jane Wyman.

On 'Dynasty' John Forsythe had it in his contract that he would always be the highest paid actor on the show, Linda Evans had a clause that she would be the highest paid actress...so when Joan Collins renegotiated her contract for the 1989 season, she displayed her cleverness by having her contract state that she would be the highest paid "performer" on the show to the tune of $120,000 an episode.

• Members

Would it be considered notable, that supposedly (I haven't checked these for truth or not, perhaps you all could say if they are legit or bull), when ABC attempted to purchase Agnes Nixon's production company, Creative Horizons, Inc., in December 1974, she refused to let the sale go through unless ABC would begin permanently archiving the master tapes of her shows "One Life to Live" and "All My Children" (both of which were being frequently wiped until around 1975 or 1976, which WOULD sync up with when these negotiations would have started, if what I have read is true)?

• Members

At the height of popularity on ANOTHER WORLD, Jacqueline Courtney (Alice Matthews) and her husband moved out of town, making daily appearances on the show difficult. Not wanting to lose her, P&G arranged for her to tape on two consecutive days each week, so she could stay overnight in a hotel while filming, and then return home for the rest of the week. On those two days, she shot footage to be used in three episodes, to keep the character of the front burner.

Archived