ABC Renews GH

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I honestly don't see it going another year.

You're right & wrong, if Revolution had succeeded we'd be reading of GH's cancellation, bank on it. GH was only saved because the Revolution flopped so bad and made ABC daytime into an embarassment(along with help from the Chew)

• Members

Ok so What happens if the extra hour of GMA does halfway decent? It just seems odd to me that they'd do an extra hour in the afternoon disconnected from the main show.

And does anyone know when ABC actually announces their fall lineup?

So the Revolution is going to continue to air through June? That seems an awfully long time

• Members

How sad that OLTL lasted 43 years and then its replacement lasts 6 months. I still think ABC was way too trigger happy canceling OLTL.

I can't with GH, but it is just good news to see a soap opera renewed no matter which soap it is.

• Members

Bingo! And you better believe the new prez of ABC Daytime has been given orders to get GH's replacement stat. ABC is not committed to GH. Will they promote it, cause they don't now. And the vets can say goodbye along with about 1/3 of the cast. Rest assured, those leaving will not be the OLers :(

ANDREA

• Members

Not to rain on anyone's parade but I don't see anything that says GH will last past September. The writer says, "while I hear ABC is not ready to lock in its daytime schedule for next season yet, it would make sense to keep The Chew at 1 pm and put GH at 2pm as a lead-in for Katie..." In other words, nothing's definite as far as I can see. If GMA in the Afternoon avoids the putrid ratings that The Revolution got, then there's your Katie lead-in.

• Members

Stars are tweeting:

Nancy Lee Grahn @NancyLeeGrahn

One year renewal! Thank you ABC, GH fans, and @valentinifrankand @carlivatiron. What a difference! Upward!

Maurice Benard @MauriceBenardMB

I just heard we're going to keep going. What can you say about Frank, Ron, the crew and everybody at General Hospital? Im just so damn proud

Laura Wright @lldubs

Wooo hooo Hell Yeah!!! GH Stays!!!!

• Members

As much as I adore NLG as an actor, no way will I give Cartini credit for this renewal. One year from now, we're going to be painting these two as the pair who lowered GH's coffin into the ground & threw a rose on top of it.

Archived