Ryan's Hope ended on January 13th, a Friday. Sound Familiar OLTL fans?

• Members

I was watching an old video i had of a soapnet special that aired a long time ago that had the St. Patrick's day episodes of Ryan's hope . it also had a special on the show and it said how it ended on Friday January 13th 1989. Obviously i thought nothing of it until watching it today. I know that show wasn't on nearly as long but 23 years later on January 13th 2012 One Life to Live ended on a Friday. I thought it was so weird. and remember One Life to Live was the soap that won some bet about who would end up with Ryan's bar. Erika Slezak once said, "The show ended on a friday and it was in our studio that monday morning. They redressed it and it became Wanda's or something." I think it became Andy's place but i'm not sure. maybe Wanda took it over when Andy left.

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I don't know. I am like 3-6 months behind (I tape my shows on OH MY GOD, OLD SCHOOL VHS TAPES) and just this week I watched the Fraternity Row episode which horrified me so much that I was happy to see my One Life to under (it was that bad).

I can't even imagine how bad the finale will be and I hope it isn't as bad as the Fraternity Row nonsense.

• Members

Friday, January 13 is not the most common conclusion date for soaps. I believe that distinction goes to Friday, December 31, when four NBC soaps ended: Somerset (1976), Texas (1982), The Doctors (1982), and Sunset Beach (1999).

• Members

If Yasmeen said it was Wanda's bar, then it couldn't have been Roadies because Roadies and Wanda were both around at the same time for a year or two. Wanda didn't leave until 1994. So i don't know what happend to it after that.

• Members

OK..., Maybe it was when they redid Roadies. Remember it started out as a dark seedy bar where Todd met Blair and then it was repainted and brightened up in the early 2000's. Does anyone remember the last scenes at Roadies? I know they used the cafe a lot in the last few years.

Archived