February 27 - March 2, 2012

Toups

• Members

It sounds like from many reports that I was reading that there was a glitch on Friday in a number of systems listing GH as a rerun. I kind of had a feeling there was a mistake made because there was no way GH would've dropped like that with Blair from OLTL coming in. I would like to see an adjusted number of this date next week.

DAYS the last couple of weeks has been doing pretty well lately now up to 2.5 million for the first time in months. With Lisa Rinna back next I'm expecting DAYS to have a pretty good month of March.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Interesting article guys that was posted on TV Guide today about how Katie Couric appears to be admitting that her new talk show needs the GH lead-in to succeed. Katie and Jeff Zucker wants ABC to cancel The Revolution and move GH to 2pm. The article explains this might be one of the unique things that saves GH if ABC still had any immediate plans in cancelling GH.

On Katie's part this is actually a smart move as this gets some heat off of her show and it keeps GH fans and soap fans alike happy. Katie will actually have a decent lead-in instead of a dead one. This can help ABC throw away some of their negative image in daytime in the future if their able to keep GH for a number of years.

It's amazing how important it was for The Revolution to bomb as it has and for GH to have this recent resurgence in the ratings. It looks like Katie and Jeff are putting pressure on ABC to move GH to 2pm and they'll likely listen to them since they have to keep them happy.

Personally I think it makes Katie look smart and selfish at the same time as it looks like she refuses to have her show only be known as another soap replacement but if this keeps GH on I don't care I'll be happy.

• Members

I have a hard time believing that Katie would ask for that, mostly because she would have no idea of the ratings GH would get after a new timeslot, and because ABC says the soaps are too expensive to keep. If GH is more expensive than The Revolution, will she pay the difference?

• Members

But with this story out there Katie can claim that she tried to save GH. It is the network that would not budge so don't blame her and watch her show. If ABC does decide to keep GH, Katie can claim credit. Leaking this story is win/win for her.

• Members

Yup, that's what happened to me. GH didn't record on Friday because the description was the same. I had to make the effort to catch it on Soapnet (a luxury that will not last much longer...). Too bad for them, cuz that's not an accurate report of what could've been.

• Members

While virtually everybody else here was saying "GH is dead in 2012," I had always predicted that it would limp along until 2013. The almighty Frank and Ron have little to do with this; rather, one didn't have to have a crystal ball to realize that The Revolution was a poorly thought out show which would have horrendous ratings (thus sparing GH from the axe for one more year).

• Members

I think GH is saved as Anne Sweeney was going to cancel the lowest rated program on the block to make room for Katie and that's The Revolution so bye bye Revolution.

I think ABC ends up making a temporary move of putting GH there at 2pm but still looks for a replacement for 2013.

It'll be real interesting because Frankie V. knows how to make GH cheaper effectively. I can't imagine ABC is still not profiting with AMC and OLTL out of the picture. GH might also end up becoming a ratings force by the fall where its consistenly challenging B&B for 2nd place like OLTL was this past year.

One last thing can somebody fix that unwatchable mess over there at Y&R?

Archived