2012 Daytime Emmy Prenominations

JaneAusten

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Me too, especially after Branco raved about her reel. I guess it's not really a reel, since it's only 2 minutes.

Really folks, why just 2 minutes? It makes no sense. This step should've been eliminated and gone straight to nominations.

Oh, and Jacob Young. I wonder what happened there.

• Members

No way- this is FAR better. The original system, when anyone could submit, NOBODY got to send out a 2 minute reel to get nominated.

Then we went to PRE-NOMs and it got to the point that a LARGE percentage of the actors weren't watching all the reels.

I guarantee, however, all of those 2 minute clips were watched.

The nominees/pre-nominees are still going to get to submit a full episode in this round now- we're not just going off a 2 minute reel. Honestly, I think this was the best way to do it with the system change they made in the amount of pre-noms per show.

Oh, and the SON Dream Ballot voting WILL COMMENCE TODAY! I'll have threads in both DTS and the Daytime Emmy section.

• Members

Yes, they eliminated the part where actors from each show had to submit themselves and then be nominated by the other actors on their own show to get an official pre-nomination (two actors per category per show unless there was a tie). This year, anybody who wanted to was allowed to put themself up for a nomination along with a two minute clip of their work and the actors across daytime voted on who ended up with the pre-nominations. So 10 actors from "All My Children" could have put themselves up for lead actor this year and it was possibly 5 of them could have ended up with a pre-nomination instead of 1 to 3 maximum. The pre-nominees will now get to put up full episodes of their work for the final nomination.

• Members

Ha! I thought the same thing. But if voting is based soley on a single epsiode maybe the fact that the character's been a failure doesn't matter. Or does it? I don't know, if I was a voter I'd take that into consideration anyway. Maybe I just remember the winners that have popular characters. Are there examples where the character is a flop yet the actor wins an Emmy?

• Members

Lead Actress - Strong

Lead Actor - A bit weak

Supporting Actress- Weak as hell

Supporting Actor- Interesting

Younger Actress- Weakest category

Younger Actor - So-so

I could see the YA awards going to both Ainsworth and Massey.

Archived