No Daytime Emmys this year?

sungrey

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Well, this years awards still have 6 shows. It is also just the production company, ATI that has decided not to produce. If CBS is actually interested in televising the awards they can get a new production company. ATI made a complete mockery out of the entire awards the three years they were involved and it got worse every year. Last years 20 minute tribute to Elvis was random since Elvis had nothing to do with daytime. Than there was the salute to Oprah that lasted about 30 minutes and she wasn't even there just gave a pre-taped speech. Emmy's will still be handed out since the voting process is already under way they just may not be televised.

The first year, ATI produced it was in the LA area. The last two years have been in Vegas and both years was a long Vegas infomercial, last years being the worse.

• Members

You know, in this day and age of blink-it-and-you-miss-it television, I think a one-minute tribute isn't really *that* bad. If it were 25 years ago, yeah, it'd be pitiful. But back then, you had 2 minute clips of Outstanding Lead Actress nominees... for EACH nominee! Times have changed. And by the way, the person who presented the tribute was television icon Betty White, so it's not like it was some nobody from nowhereville. After all, not all the viewers who watch the awards are GL viewers, so does anyone really think *any* producer would allow some 5 minute tribute to one show?

• Members

If it's the longest running show in broadcast history, why not? It's not like they had anything else of interest to display. A chopped up one minute tribute was worthless.

I love Betty White but she had no ties to GL, and all she could do was just say she was as old as the show.

• Members

So they didn't even plan a tribute to AMC? :P

The SOD Awartds truly were the Days awards--when you look at lists of the winners and even many of the nominations, and I don't mean this to take away from anything DAYS did deserve, it really did become a joke.

As for only four soaps--wouldn't the Emmys have covered something like Dec 2010-Dec 2011? So it would have beensix soaps

• Members

The only reason I'm sad is the thought of not seeing OLTL win Outstanding Drama Series (well, it was definitely possible!) as a final FU to ABC in a "haha, you cancelled us and now look at where we are!" kind of way.

Who am I kidding. Even with last year's awards...Damn, I really am still sad about this sad.png.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived