GH: Jen Lilley Tweets Re: Maxie & Kirsten Storms

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

And the sad thing is Jen isn't the only one to have this happen. Look, I know some people don't like characters. But NEVER, under any circumstances, should you attack an actor or actress. It's why I like coming here because, although we have our discussions about characters, this board has never gone after an actor like other boards have.

I also don't pretend to know what endometriosis is like to go through being of the opposite sex, but I have to imagine Kirsten is really going through a hard time. My best wishes to her in recovery.

• Members

I no longer care about Maxie, and feel like the character could be written out, so I don't get why GH doesn't do that and cut their losses. Whenever someone is brought in as a temp recast for an ailing performer who may never come back of course there will be animosity. That's normal, but blaming the person who was given the job is another story.

• Members

Most boards are like that with a few decent posters but the boards are so overrun by fanbases and in thinking their faves crap rainbows and flowers it's hard to take any of them seriously. There's bias here but in general peeps are respectful and the feedback well thought out.I can't take anything or anyone posting at DC seriously because they have treated writers like RC and Guza like gods over the years.That in itself is suspect and they, the bloggers and posters, very hateful of Jen Liley over the last several months.

• Members

I left SOC in 2003. End of that story.

Anyway, back on topic, I think Jen Lilley has been doing a great job. She plays the comedy, she plays the bitchiness, she plays the neurosis, she plays the vulnerability and she plays them all believably. She's respecting the character -- or at least what the character has become. The only difference in Lilley's version is that Maxie's lost the unrepentant skankiness Storms' had. Otherwise, I don't see how Lilley's playing this character "wrong." Granted, I'm not a Kirsten Storms fan and I don't miss her, but I've enjoyed the character of Maxie plenty over the last three years regardless and I still do, so as far as I'm concerned, the character's intact.

• Members

You don't even need to go to SOC, just click on some youtube clips featuring a soap couple that is competeting with another soap couple and look at the comments. I would say GH actually has the most rabid soap fanbase (or maybe the ones with the shortest fuses) with Y&R coming in second. I've seen the most anger come from them. OLTL, AMC and ATWT fans seem to be the most low key by comparison.

Archived