GH: Jen Lilley Tweets Re: Maxie & Kirsten Storms

• Members

Tweet from Jen Lilly:

I had to get twitlonger to answer properly :) First, I, Jen Lilley, LOVE Kirsten Storms. I think she's talented, funny, beautiful, and kind. While I have loved my time on GH, I think it's under the saddest of conditions that I'm there.

Because of unforeseen circumstances, I am staying as Maxie. Please know that as a KS fan, I am really sorry. Kirsten is irreplaceable. To keep GH alive, someone had to step into the role. I cannot change what's happened. Yes, I love being on the show, but if KS could have stayed all along, I would have wished a thousand wishes that I could have come on as a different character, for her sake and your sake as a GH fan. Change is never easy.

I hope you will find it in your hearts to stop being so hateful toward me personally, because honestly, after 6 months of it, I feel broken, and it's not helping the show. We have to stand united for the sake of General Hospital's livelihood and for soap fans everywhere. I think all of Kirsten's wonderful fans know that she'd want her fans to support GH and fight like hell for it's renewal. With utmost sincerity: Jen Lilley

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Yeah she's not coming back at all, but the reports weren't clear so many didn't realize that. I do think in the short two weeks I've been back watching GH, she's good. She reminds me more of Robyn Richards, which is good because she's the true Maxie to me. It's sick to see all this mess about Kirsten, an unnecessary recast who eventually grew into a role.

• Members

Another case where online doesn't speak for the general audience. Imagine the firestorm over the years as recasts have happened many times in the soap world if online fanbases were around 30 years ago and were influencing decisions.Its sad what happened to KS but thats not Jen's fault and given the chance she can make her mark too.

• Members

Wow, these people need to leave this poor girl alone. I think Jen is doing a great job despite everything, including the constant speculation of KS. I've really grown to enjoy her performance over the past few months, so I really don't see what the problem is.

Archived