GH : WTF

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Wow that is mindblowingly dumb...Johnny & Claudia were/are my favorite characters on GH, I mainly loved them for their extremely close brother/sister bond, and the whole time they are mother & son? WTF is that Garin??

And what a way to dismantle my favorite mob family the Zacchara's. Unless Anthony raped Claudia when she was like, 5, then there is no way Anthony Z is his dad....or idk. Maybe I've got it wrong. This is just...ugh. I hate this. A lot.

• Members

I feel like this is just typical GH shock value. It doesn't make sense. It doesn't value history. It doesn't really drive story anywhere besides the short-term but then again what story's have on this show? This show doesn't care about it's characters and it doesn't care about good story telling. It's just like Nip/Tuck used to be in it's last seasons - a shocking, disgusting train wreck of a show. Some past key story lines in the past year as evidence:

We had Robin's HIV status being used as a sweeps stunt not too long ago and used as a weapon against her husband.

We had Luke mow down Jake and deteriorate into alcoholism.

We had Sam raped on her Honeymoon from Jason's worst enemy.

And now we have the Zacharra's incest maternity reveal.

• Members

I agree and I also think it would've been pointless even if Claudia was still alive. I really don't understand why Garin made this decision. He was on the writing team w/Guza when he created the Zacchara's and so much time was spent establishing them as close brother & sister who had a rough childhood. Where in the hell does Claudia being his mother fit in?! I just do not buy it. What about Dominica Zacchara now...? This is a a true WTF plot twist. I am so mad that this is happening. I'm picturing this playing out next week & it just being a mess.

• Members

<p>Has this rumour even been substantiated? The only thing I've seen is something on DD and a tweet from Michelle van Whatever who hasn't worked at GH for ages.</p>

<p> </p>

<p>But that aside, it would have been a great story in the day when we actually had those characters, and if Claudia hadn't been sacrificed to Sonny this would have meant something. As it is, does it really matter who his real mother is since both women are dead? One at the hands of Anthony and one at the hands of Sonny - both friggin looney-tunes mobbies. I have no doubt in my mind BB could pull off the story if written properly, and with SORASing/de-SORASing any timeline is possible (Claudia wasn't 5 when she had Johnny, that was MvJ's tweet - she left him when HE was around 5 and she was 16. I hate to point out the obvious but it IS possible that little Claudia was raped and had a child at 11/12.)</p>

<p> </p>

<p>I'm with my <strong>Baby Boy</strong> - all of these stories are soap staples that were just written badly. Luke killing Jake didn't need the alcoholism - in fact IMO that lessened the story considerably, and I'm glad the character of Luke never accepted that easy out. The useless part of that story was Joslyn. As for JaSam, was the rape ever confirmed or is that still spec? (JaSam is FF stuff for me so I don't know their finer points). These and other stories could have been rich and intriguing IF executed with care and written with wisdom. Towards the end all we had from Guza was smash'n'dash, and Wolfe could have given us something meaningful if his timing had been better. I'm open to seeing this in the hands of people who don't fall into those patterns.</p>

<div id="myEventWatcherDiv" style="display:none;"> </div>

• Members

I always thought Johnny might have been Claudia's but as the show wore on and the CRAZY amount of chemistry BB and SJB had became evident, I wondered whether Johnny was Trevor's, thereby making the attraction between C and J somewhat viable (in soap opera terms). Eh, it doesn't even matter anymore now that Sarah Brown is off the show, and in such a brutal, mispgynistic "ding dong the witch is dead" manner. Yeah, I loved Claudia Zacchara, lol. This SL currently is redundant.

Archived