OLTL: Discussion for the week January 2

• Replies 465
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Finally watched--of course I have quibbles, but I admit I really enjoyed the episode. And yes Van is already a better Cole (and similar enough to BB that it's not jarring)--I only knew him from his work on Broadway in American Idiot, but liked him then and am impressed enough. Mitch is over the top as usual but, while we only saw him briefly, he seems more in keeping with how I prefer Mitch than the last go around or two. My one real gripe is what a lame ending "cliffhanger"--couldn't they have edited it to end on one of the inmates?

And yes, there's no real reason all of these people should be in jail together--and not institutionalized. Or why Cole is locked up beside psycho mass murderers... 8 left...

I dunno, they do that every time Mitch is around... But...

• Members

He's VERY hit or miss but has his moments and works well with Nora (mostly). I realized I can't even remember all the details about Troy's last run. I know he went to jail after the poison wine Nora thing, and then broke out just when the Music Box Killer was happening again (and I want to say kidnapped Nora again but I'm probably just thinking of the hundreds of time he or Colin did in the past) and was sent back to prison around the time we found that that professor was the killer (in a lame ending)?

LOL to be fair psychotic obsessions are barely based on rational things :P

LOL My tv was too dark to notice anything...

• Members

I was going to disagree re Clint, but I get your point and its true (though nearly all of those stories--I don't even remember Rex and heroin--are some of my most hated). I think the problem is RC particularly has a hard time redeeming characters--he seems to think they've been redeemed before the audience does, though I've warmed to Clint again so, meh I dunno.

It does kinda bug me that they care about Jessica being Mitch's father. Wasn't one of the messages of the show before that your family isn't always about blood, how Clint is regardless her fahter? I don't really need the "happy ending" added.

Oh was that the who's the daddy thing and he riffed on his game show host personality? Of course that went nowhere for years but...

• Members

That's Delaria's shtick. I get why people would find it offensive, and it's slightly meant to be, but... Trust me, she knows how many gay men (not to mention sophisticated audiences of any sexuality or gender) watch. Plus she makes the "joke" implying those audiences don't get she's a lesbian but she did play that lame lesbian storyline... It is funny though, a friend of mine who knows her from her live shows commented when he first saw her on OLTL that she never has looked so much like a woman before.

I wouldn't take it personally to anyone who lives in a trailer park, but it's lightly provoking humour (and not all that funny IMHO...)

• Members

I first saw Lea years ago on some lesbiand standup or female standup thing that used to run on HBO or Showtime. Then she was on OLTL. The last place I thought she'd be. Yet she's continued off and on. It's funny because someone I know, who is the last person who would know who Lea Delaria was, she watches OLTL sometimes, not all that often, but she rememers Delfina and when I told her Delfina had been on the show again she wanted to see it.

• Members

Man I wish we were doing daily threatds bc there's already 8 pages for one show. I cant even keep up with those comments. Anyways watching now and here are my thoughts

Natalie sees Mitch and first thing I thought was run bitch run! Instead she stands there and looks at him. Id have thrown that lit candle in his face and burned him. Good there goes Clint. I was wondering where he was considering he's on house arrest and cant leave. Did Clint have any scenes with him before? Love that he's involved in this plot

I like nuCole but thought Starr was way too much of a bitch to him. My goodness he couldnt even see and hold Hope?

Why does Troy still have to be obsessed with boring ass Nora?

Archived