OLTL: Discussion for the week January 2

• Replies 465
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Also forgot to mention this:

Todd asked Hope if she wanted a magic frog, but she already has one, and he's seen it before! When Starr visited him in jail for the first time when she didn't know who he was for sure, the frog fell out of her bag and she told him about Hope.

The story was that he was in a car accident that required more recuperation than he originally thought, but didn't he turn out to be more responsible for it (the accident--it was said initially that someone backed into his car) than what was first reported?

• Members

Lea DeLaria (Delphina/Prof. Del Fina, Jr.) talks about OLTL.

Q: Too bad about "One Life to Live" getting canceled.

A: Yeah. The last episode airs Jan. 18.

Q: On the soap you played Madame Delphina and Professor Delbert Phina.

A: Doing that show is one of my most favorite things because it's exactly the opposite of what you'd expect from me. It's ridiculously hard work, and playing two genders is challenging. It actually takes twice as long for me to become the woman as the man. Hilarious. And America loves me! My demographic is trailer park people watching on 24-inch black-and-white screens with tinfoil on the antenna. If they only had any idea who I really was.

http://articles.sfgate.com/2011-12-29/entertainment/30567698_1_victoria-theatre-lea-delaria-queer-world/2

Other than her getting the show's final airdate wrong, I thought it was funny, lol.

• Members

" My demographic is trailer park people watching on 24-inch black-and-white screens with tinfoil on the antenna."

Holy [!@#$%^&*]. Did she really just say that? Excuse me. I live in a trailer park (an upscale retirement one with my mom. Jobless right now) and I have a 32 inch HDTV with satellite. Screw you Delaria.

Seriously. I hate Trailer Park jokes. Some people cannot get past trash in general. I've known plenty of trash and most of them live on horse farms around here.

• Members

Not just liberals. People love to call people who live in trailers 'trash'. It's such crap. I had to deal with that at school when I was a kid ALOT. Sure, there's a bunch of 'trash' out there. But, like I said. They don't just live in trailer parks. (and I can think of very little that live in mine anyways)

Archived