megan mctavish?

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Sweet Jesus, this woman's name comes up again.

I'll say this:

'The Writer' is a plot driven writer. She constructs her stories well, I've always said that. She's capable of writing an arc and she dots her I's and crosses her T's -- or at least arms herself with associate head writers who help her do that. However, She doesn't stay true to character. She stuffs the characters into the particular roles she wants them in... rather than suiting the role for the proper character. So, if that's the kind of story you want -- seeing characters tell tales from points of view you know they wouldn't or shouldn't have, then... Mazel tov!

smile.png

• Members

The viewers have been raped by Melanie.

Hope hasn't been raped unless you count Stefano having sex with her on the sub when she was Gina. If you count that then John was also raped on the sub by Princess Gina lol.

Sami was raped twice by Alan and EJ. She also raped Austin.

Marlena (Kellam), Kayla (Jack), Adrianne (Her Father), Billie (Her Father) & Jennifer (Lawrence) were all raped. As well as Kimberly (I believe it was an Uncle?) & Stephanie (Ford Decker).

I'm sure there is others long before I started watching.

• Members

I'm only familiar with McTavish's work at GL, which had some entertaining moments and was good for a whole before the whole thing turned into a sorry horrifyingly disgusting affair with an insulting incest story and destruction of a popular leading lady causing the actress to quit.

My guess is that from what I remember and have rewatched of McTavish on GL, she'd be a mishmash of both JER's tenures.

I don't think Days will ever be able to back to pre-1982 which was probably the true Days before that. I actually was never too bothered by some of the recent stories of Days ie. Nicole/Sami babyswitch, Buried Alive 2.0, and Faux Rafe mainly because they were typical stories Days has been delivering those same stories many times over the years. As bland as they were, they at least held my interest and weren't the worst I've seen from Days(hello Langan and Sheffer!), with the possible exception of Taylor.

• Members

Wasn't Sami raped by Fake Rafe, too?

And of course, Laura was raped by Bill way back in the late 60s, which resulted in their son Mike. And then, years later, they fell in love again, married, and had Jennifer. They really were like Luke & Laura weren't they, complete with Pat Falken Smith writing their love story (Hell, Laura's maiden name was Spencer!). All that was missing was an adventure storyline with them going on the run, not to mention that unlike Luke & Laura, the rape in their story produced a child--as disturbing as L&L's love story can seem to me at times given how it started, Bill & Laura's actually seems a little more disturbing, given that there's living proof that it happened and they STILL got married years later and had another child--and their love story's background has flown largely under the radar compared to L&L's.

Also, knowing that he had amnesia after it happened the next day--maybe it was supposed to make him more sympathetic, and maybe the writing and acting made it work, but it's still kind of weird to me. I dunno.

I only briefly watched Days years ago, so most of what I know is from history pages and YouTube, but I'm kinda surprised--based on what I've read--that Mike wasn't shown dealing with the circumstances of his conception as an adult (the same with Jennifer and knowing her parents history in light of her own rape).

Anyway, I know this is off-topic now, so as to MMcT, I'm not familiar with all her work except for reading about most of it in various places/the occasional episode/clips on YT, but maybe DAYS would actually benefit from her? Who could really say?

• Members

Getting back on topic here... :)

No F'in way to McTavish. Not after the "poisoned pancakes" story. Megan can sit and spin for the rest of her career and think about the damage she caused AMC with that move.

If Days has to change writers (and I would prefer they do not), Sheri Anderson is the only writer I'd accept.

Archived