Storage Wars

DRW50

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 4 weeks later...
  • Members

Storage Wars Texas continues to confuse me. Moe was nowhere to be found in tonight's episodes, and instead they had Roy, a former football name, apparently. He was even in the opening credits! Moe was not in those either. I don't remember Nabila being in the credits on the main Storage Wars (was she?). Is Moe gone? No big loss.

I went to Wikipedia and yet again it seems that episodes are being aired wildly out of order. The episodes last week were apparently filmed near the end of the second season, and the episodes which aired tonight were done early in the season.

I'm enjoying the show more, especially with Roy around, as he adds more of a sense of fun and wonder to the whole thing.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Members

I guess this is over now? No new episodes this week. Anyway, I hope those of you who gave up on the show might try again - the more recent episodes were much less fake. Roy was not as much of a forced "character" as Moe, and he had a silly feud with Victor that helped carry the episodes along. I grew to like or tolerate everyone. And Victor was as strangely hot as ever. If the show is over I hope A&E puts him somewhere else.

• 1 month later...
  • Members

Two new episodes tonight. Can't say I enjoyed it that much, outside of Jarod and Brandi, who are at least normal and generally likeable.

I just can't take any more of Darrell. I don't like looking at him or listening to him. I don't understand who decided that an entire episode of him verbally abusing his son was good TV.

Dave has zero purpose on the show.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

I'm not getting this Darrell thing with his son.

Is Darrell just showing his *** more than usual ("fame" and a bitter divorce having made him more jerkish)?

Is it manufactured drama?

Is it manufactured drama to give Dave redeeming qualities (i.e. at least he doesn't treat his son like a piece of ****)?

• Members

I think it's supposed to be big drama, not something to take seriously, and they'll reconcile (or his son will replace Dave or whoever as a regular). Unfortunately Darryl is such a very unlikeable person that it just seems real. I barely even watch at this point.

• Members

Yeah, I always doubt the prices they "estimate" some of their stuff for. When Dave got all those books and he estimated like $14,000 but I was like you actually have to sell those books. I am betting many are just sitting around probably in storage.

• Members

Dave, especially, over-estimates the worth of his stuff. My one gripe with the show is that they almost never re-visit what the items actually sold for or if they sold. They really could stretch each episode out to an hour and do that with the second half-hour.

• 7 months later...

Archived