Storage Wars

DRW50

• Members

Jarod and Brandi were missing from tonight's first episode. Was there some type of serious scheduling conflict?

It's so weird seeing so much of Nabila. I like her, but I'm afraid of getting too attached, if she's just going to be like Tori from Saved by the Bell.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Carl, I think Texas is bombing. It is on and off the sch and the newer eps seem to be even more edited than earlier ones. They picked a really bad cast for it.

As for J&B, I do think this was around the time of them expanding and redoing their store, so perhaps they took a little time off from the auctions to deal with all of that. i wouldnt mind them being spun off into their own show and Neb taking their spot tho.

And i LOVE Shipping Wars!

• Members

I did wonder why the show was off the schedule so much - is it down to ratings? I think the biggest problem is Moe, who just makes my skin crawl. The Smith guys are also dullards.

I like Shipping Wars but I'd like it a hell of a lot more if they did not have to have talking heads every two seconds. I like the younger people more (even if the woman reminds me of Michelle Bachmann). The man with the long hair who constantly pops up to yell about how stupid other people are gets on my nerves.

• Members

My thought is Brandi and Jarod were low on funds while this portion of the season was being filmed in part due to the expansion. It's felt like they're replacing them with Nabila the past two weeks. Hopefully the pair will come back strong later on.

I really like Shipping Wars, the balance of the old and tested versus the newbies really works for me. I even enjoy the guy with the long hair, it's funny when he dupes them, and it's even more funny when he gets egg on his face. The one on ones do feel very scripted though.

• Members

I dont think A&E is trying to replace B&J unless they are spinning them off or they are quitting. They must know how popular they are, based on promos for the show both on tv and the web as well as viewer feedback. I just think they likely were low on funds and very busy/stressed during the remodel of their store.

Dave can go. I wont miss him.

• Members

I'm watching the second one now and Jarod and Brandi were back, thankfully. Then I hought Barry was missing. Then he came as some type of way too annoying homeless man disguise. Is he watching reruns of the Carol Burnett Show?? The only part I enjoyed was the auctioneers reaction.

You know I wonder if Nabila is possibly replacing Dave, not Jarod and Brandi. I just realized that she basically serves his purpose (antagonist and arrogant). I like Dave, but I also kind of feel like he and Barry are both reaching their limits of caricature.

• Members

Jarod and Brandi were definitely on the second episode but despite buying a locker they didn't get the usual focus buyers get. At least it felt that way to me. So there's been three new episodes in the past two weeks and they didn't appear in two of the three. It feels like they're recurring cast members at the moment. I definitely think the story behind this is probably that they were low on funds for maybe the second half of the season.

Nabilia really likes Dave so I've felt they've brought her in more to change the dynamic of everybody hates Dave. But with Dave threatining to leave she also could easily replace him.

Jarod and Brandi don't act like they're married at all. I remember thinking they were brother and sister when they first came on and I was thinking about that the other day... They still totally make me think bro and sis not husband and wife. Nabilia and Dave show each other more affection.

• Members

Tonight was the season finale for Storage Wars? It felt like one. The season went by so quickly.

I find Darryl more tolerable when they have his son taking more of a role.

They seem to keep dancing around money issues with Jarod and Brandi. If they aren't back next time I wonder if that is why.

Barry had two whole episodes without any annoying gimmicks...I hope this is a start.

• Members

I'm not sure if it was or wasn't but it did feel like the season finale.

Up until the last episode it did feel like they were weaning us off. Unless Jarod and Brandi close down the business I think they'll remain a part of the show even if it's in a more minor capacity for a while.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Members

So season 2 of Storage Wars Texas will debut in March.

I was confused at this list as it looks like over half of the first season was never shown and they skipped a number of episodes. Did they ever give an official reason why?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Storage_Wars:_Texas

Is Shipping Wars over now? I am still not as into the show as I wish I could be, but they seemed to have toned down the talking heads (or I'm used to them) and that annoying couple finally got off their a$$es and did something.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

I saw a "Reality Weekly" in a grocery store, and it looked about as cheap as I had expected. They had a tiny little cover photo of Jared, and a one page article inside, with a stock photo of Jared and Brandi. The article was about how Jared had once been in prison but he had turned his life around. They also dragged up some DUI or something on Brandi.

I would think that this type of magazine would be able to get a real interview with Jared and Brandi - I doubt they're asking big money, and I might be interested in buying a real interview with someone like Jared/Brandi, or one or two others from the Storage Wars franchise. Instead, the whole thing just seemed a little tacky and like a bad cut and paste Internet zine.

Archived