Great writers, bad stories?

• Members

Wow, I had no idea that Connie Towers (AKA Helena LOL) played this mysterious Audrey North. It's a shame that she didn't develop more to what Bill probably wanted, cause she is a great actress and i'm sure the show could have used her more.

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

It was odd because there really was no hint of development, from what I remember. She had a very brief amount of episodes and then left in shame. Perhaps they just wanted a name actress for a role that would be a big story.

I did wonder at the time if the Dina story was dropped abruptly.

• Members

It seems like a bit of stunt casting in my opinion, again its a shame that Bill didn't know what direction he wanted this story to go.

I think that Connie Towers is also someone i would consider for Mary Williams. I know she is probably more committed to guess appearances on GH, but i think Connie would be great in that role. (If Maria actually had something for her to do)

• Members

Constance and Marla Adams (Dina) didn't share any scenes as they did on Capitol when Marla temped as Myrna. I thought it would have been neat to see them together again. IIRC, Dina was still in France when John gave Audrey her walking papers.

• Members

Wheeler coming on as Cindy's twin (or was it just a lookalike?) was never really too popular was it? While I I liked Gentry on the canvas -- as well as Bergman, it was true that the canvas had to be tighter so I can't fully fault her-.

That's my take on Passanante as well--it seemed obvious thatshe started writing more and more during the 1999-2001 era, where first there was her and Page co-HW with Agnes, and then just her. Other things felt like Agnes Nixon to me--the ones you listed--but her focus seemed primarily on Bianca and really when that story was over suddenly Jean Passanante was credited as sole HW...

Archived