Great writers, bad stories?

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

thanks carl!! somewhere in my warped mind i always pictured it she fell and rolled up the stairs lol im a retard! the story dosent seem as absurd as some people make it out to be. i trip walking up my stairs all the time! but at the same time i wasnt there to see it so who knows.

• Members

I never understood why TPTB decided to put Shannon in all the heavy drama or gothic stuff. Margaret Reed was wonderful at comedy, and excelled in her pairings with Harriet Corbman, John Dixon, Duncan McKechnie (the early years). Her feud with Barbara was must-see-TV for me. Why they stuck her with drpressing s/ls like her miscarriage, the Gothic ghosts, Devere, etc is beyond me.

I have to agree with the "Snyders Of The 90s" comments. Marland perfectly built up the Real Snyders in the 80s, and the replacements of the 90s were just pale comparisons. How anyone kept a straight face when saying "Hutch Hutchinson" is beyond me.

I actually liked many parts of the Carolyn Crawford story: the baby surrogate, the ski-lift thriller, etc. It just went on WAY too long, and produced a "killer" who never even had one scene with the victim.

• Members

I'd still love to hear it.

If they were going to keep a focus on the farm, they either needed to bring in some Snyder relatives, or do something totally different like have some of the kids from the Earl Mitchell Center come and enjoy the farm and decide to get involved. Lauryn Hill baling hay and going in the pond would have been more interesting than Rosanna and Debbie simpering non-stop.

• Members

I'm way too tired to go there right now; I spent most of the day apartment hunting and got lost in some underground dungeon in the Village in the process. Suffice to say you can all start with Mitch Laurence's 2003 return and the saga of the mystical Bahdra diamond.

• Members

Was Griffith still co-HW with Malone when that first serial killer story--The Music Box Killer--happened (I'm thinking yes though I know he was out by the time of the Killing Club killer, which ironically Higley ended up doing most of, so it had very little connection to the surprisingly strong tie in novel of the same name which Griffith DID help Malone write). But yeah some of that was Frons wanting to get rid of (older) characters--Griffith was one of the few ABC writers who publicly said he left due to Frons' interference, and then of course a not great run for Malone's second got much worse...

Didn't he do some mystical idol story during his solo stint at AW as well?

Archived