How about Frank Valentini/Ron Carlivati at Y&R?

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I think so, too. In fact, there's no question in my mind whether RC enjoys writing for this show, or any other.

Of course, his OLTL has never pretended to be all things for all people, and I appreciate that, too. It's just his approach -- to OLTL as well to writing soaps in general -- is not what I tend to like where this genre is concerned.

Good point! (Jill is a Fenmore? Really?)

• Members

I think RC loves the idea of a soap but he mostly loves the parody of a soap, not an actual soap. If he loved soap he would not constantly deify rapists and tell people that rape is love. Even Gloria Monty only did that once, not two or three times in a two year period. He would also not have spent the last few years ruining just about every family bond on the show (aside from the Delgados of course). In that sense he's right for Y&R - they've also gutted their families.

• Members

I think that he probably does have a very darker type of soap parody which he can't really do, so he just settles for the brilliance of HAVE A SEAT STEPNORA PA PA HAVE A SEAT, and the talking beaver.

Stuff like the infamous air quotes - that was probably down to TSJ but something tells me that this style is something RC may do if he had a chance on a non-network show.

Archived