OLTL: Two additional returns

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I'd change your first sentence to "unlike Janet, Marian and even Annie" since, beloved as she became, Annie is a newish character and I think Marian is a classic AMC character--but yes, that's precisely how I feel. It could (and probably will) be fun, but... I do like Lindsay, and hate how she was dropped, but I still agree with nearly everything you say.

Also with the Oakhaven crew, they did manage to use it for some "closure"--it led to Janet and Amanda coming to some sort of understanding, and of course Marian's ending (even Annie to an extent)--I don't think that can happen here and frankly I don't really care about Hannah (didn't she already apologize and start seeming more sane before she left or did she go wacky again?)

I agree--and the more I've satat with it, the more I feel that way. I think the final episode should have been 2 hours--it felt rushed, and of course I have very mixed to negative feelings about how much Orpheus we got the final months, but in all reality, I think it was well done and respectful to both new and longterm fans--or as much as was possible in such short time.

Krimmer has returned for brief stints (VERY brief) since he became a lawyer though, it's not completely out of the question to have him back. But I get what you're saying...

• Members

I never knew why Lindsay stayed as long as she did, really. I like Cat Hickland but they had nothing for her to do after about 2003. I know she had some stories with that robot daughter of hers but that's not a lot.

I think it would have been a nice touch if they'd brought Larry back. He may not be a big fan favorite, but they've brought back much more meaningless characters than that. Seeing Larry again would be another way to wrap up what OLTL is. Bringing in Hannah or Troy or Mitch is just a reminder of what got the show canceled.

• Members

ITA with you about Larry. He's one of those characters that always let you know you were home in Llanview. Kind of what Joe and Ruth were to AMC. When you get rid of those characters, it's like coming back to your old neighborhood and seeing that they put up a Starbucks where your old playground used to be. Seeing Larry walking through the halls of the hospital again would be a nice way to return a tiny bit of heart to the show's last days.

Archived