OLTL: Former teen lead returns

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Hope all is well with him. I was very curious when I heard the news earlier, but if the accident story is true, maybe this was just too much for him to handle at this time. Will we actually get to see Buddy or just Van Hughes?

• Members

From Nelson Branco. I did read he got in a fight or something. And there's the "car accident."

After one day of taping, Daytime Confidential stunned One Life fans earlier this week with news that Brandon Buddy had to be recast as Cole Thornhart after returning last week to begin his short-term return for the show’s broadcast finale. Broadway actor Van Hughes has stepped into the role of Starr’s baby daddy. All of Buddy’s scenes will reportedly be reshot with Hughes.

Why the emergency recast? Travis County Court records show that Buddy is due in court tomorrow on Nov. 4. Records of the Texas’s Travis County Criminal Court Docket by Defendant List (http://www.co.travis.tx.us/courts/files/dockets/dockets_Criminal.asp) shows Buddy was charged with injury to a minor/elderly/disable with intent and serious bodily and mental injury. As for Buddy, several co-stars are “heartbroken.” “It’s a very sad. He’s been battling demons for a while now.”

Uncensored wishes Buddy all the best. Cole’s return just won’t pack the same punch without Buddy.

Archived