DAYS: Spoilers for October 24-28

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Uhm well I don't like it or hate it. I don't hate Daniel or like him he's just there but really why does it matter? There is no major conflict between Daniel and MAggie where doing this might make for a soapy outcome. I just really don't get the point to be honest.

• Members

WHich is silly IMO. Does making Melanie a Horton(which this does NOT make her) increase her relevance. She and Maggie already had sort of a mother - daughter relationship that actually is one of the few under Higley that kind of developed organically. I dislike Melanie but the relationship with she and Maggie and she and Carly were the 2 best things on this show and how they evolved under Higley. Oh well.

• Members

I really don't understand the logic myself. The only thing that will change between Melanie and Maggie is her saying "Grandma" at the beginning/end of every interaction. It accomplishes nothing. I'm just sick of everyone being a secret Brady, Horton, or DiMera. I loathe Mel and Dan, but atleast they were a different family then the rest. True that Melanie wouldn't be a blood Horton, but she'll be known as one, just like half the town.

And if Daniel turns out to be Victor's, I will gag. How will they explain that? His sperm was stolen during the Kate/Vivian Stolen Egg fiasco?

• Members

I filled up my barf bag already.

It's ridiculous! Bope, Maggie, and Victor were harping on it happening 20 years ago over and over again. How the hell would Daniel fit the bill? He's forty something and looks 60 with his leather skin.

• Members

<p>Dan being Maggie's son…. what does that change…..</p>

<p> </p>

<p>* Well, if Nathan Horton ever comes to town again, there will be a little bit of &quot;ick&quot;. Guess he wasn't meant to be Melanie's &quot;soul mate&quot; after all.</p>

<p> </p>

<p>* Jennifer and Daniel have yet another reason why they aren't going to work - your boyfriend's mother really shouldn't be your aunt</p>

<p> </p>

<p>* Victor as some 'splaining to do regardless</p>

<p> </p>

<p>* Maggie will be called &quot;Mom&quot; again by someone who actually does have chemistry with</p>

<p> </p>

<p>* The dating pool for both Melanie and Daniel gets a lot smaller - even though they aren't blood-Hortons, they now can't really date real Hortons</p>

<p> </p>

<p>But truly, what does this change? Some historical purists will pitch a fit, but all the kids on daytime that have been retconed over the years makes this pretty moot. I think from a strictly story-telling POV, this ensures us a lot more Maggie - and that might be the best outcome period.</p>

<div id="myEventWatcherDiv" style="display:none;"> </div>

Archived