DAYS: Spoilers for October 24-28

• Members

exactly.

this story is pointless. it does nothing. it adds nothing. the special thing about melanie/maggie was that there was no relation because it wasnt needed. they bonded, they connected, they formed a family unit on their own. the only impact this has on anyone is jenn because now daniel is maggies son, but we all know she will pick jack in the end anyways, so why? what does this add? what is the point? as for it keeping maggie in a story, since it started what 2 weeks ago and is revealed next week, its a pretty damn fast story. its just utterly pointless. not to mention maggie has two daughters who can easily be added - why isnt Madison Sarah to be honest?

A much better story would have been to bring on Melissa and add her to the dan/jen/jack story. Melissa/Dan could create issues with her and jenn, maybe her and maggie, her and melanie should already have issues, daniel and melanie could have issues over it.

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

This is ridiculous! I really don't see why they have this HUGE desire to push Melanie and Daniel on us. Mel is redeemable if written right (and I haven't minded her since MarDar took over). Daniel is just a waste. He's a character who just needs to be written out. Nothing they've done with him has worked. Chloe was the closest. I think some liked him with Kate (I missed most of that).

Whatever. The spoilers this week sound terrible. I'm not excited at all over the return of Austin/Sami/Carrie. Marlena/Brady sounds good. LOVE Marlena realizing something is off with Gabi and Will.

The show is MUCH better written, and I like all of the characters, but the reboot is quickly losing me.

• Members

Much as I feared, the return of the air hogs has lead to them hogging screen time. I'm enjoying seeing more Maggie - and quite honestly I don't mind Dan at all (wasn't watching pre-Chloe so I missed all his other pairings), but wouldn't have chosen this for a Magic storyline. Who are they going to pair him with once Jen returns to Jack? Carrie once Austin takes a hike? But more importantly, what will this mean when Maggie finds out Victor had his hand in it - and of course she will find out. If they are using Daniel's maternity to ultimately ruin Magic, I am going to be singing a very loud, very disgruntled tune as I turn off DOOL for the last time in my life. All I can hope is that this story - and the speed with which they seem to be telling it - is just the setting for something more significant.

Personally, I'm thinking the "re-boot" has been a dud. Every soap cliche possible is being used, I'm not seeing anything particularly new and innovative in what stories they are telling, and the returnees have taken over. The dialogue and characterizations have improved. The sets seem more alive and well used. Characters are being seen in groupings rather than pairs or alone. But all of this is superficial when the underlying current of story isn't strong.

• Members

They never said that the child was conceived or born 20 years ago. Alice's bank account has been active for 20-ish years -- meaning the "blackmail" (which was probably her paying someone for Maggie's benefit, or to support the child, or... I don't know) began then.

• Members

I am not ready to call the re-boot a dud. I do think there has been a lot of focus on the super couples and I am not sure thats bad but I think they actually missed an opportunity their first week to catch viewers. I guess John being arrested was a big deal but they had a month of transitioning characters off the show and they could have maybe had Taylor go nuts shooting a lot of people or Quinn getting under peoples skin and murdered in a who done it. I don't know. Or even Carly going bonkers and off on people.

• Members

The Days PR people have said on Twitter that there will be more balance to the show down the road. Based on what some of the actors have tweeted, I don't think they are lying.

I have noticed in the first few weeks of the re-boot that, like others have said, the new vets are taking most of the screen time. Most of the characters were nothing but window dressing during the party. The younger set has been an afterthought. I trust that will change as time goes on.

As far as how good or not good stories are, I want to wait a bit and see how more stuff plays out. The one thing I'll say right now is, although I like Darrell and Marlene's writing, the pacing is TOO FAST. Hope found the letters during the last week of September and we're already finding out Alice's secret the final week of October... no, no, no. You have to let stories breathe.

Archived