How would you rate Sarah Brown's ROLES In daytime?

• Members

Okay here you can rate Sarah Brown's roles in daytijme as Sarah is returning to daytime in her fifth role on daytime and she is a three time emmy winner;

Carly Roberts/Corinthos: The Original and best Carly by a mile. Sarah came to GH in 1996 at ripe age of 21 and she was all guts and glory. Talk about in six months she was stealing scenes from Tony Geary. Her five year Carly run was hugely memorable as she had many gutwrenching scenes. She only won three emmys in this part. Her Carly was the run I would run as fast away from. She was from the streets and IMO she was scary at times. Much closer to the original Carly version but the many amazing scenes like Bobbie confronting Tony/Carly, Carly confronting Tony about her baby, the miscarriage scenes and so many others. WOWSA Sarah made a huge mark on daytime as people still think she is one of the best younger actresses ever that hit daytime.

Annie: I didn't see Sarah in this role on ATWT so I can't comment.

Claudia: This character was a sick twisted role and IMO only saving grace from the bad writing was how good Sarah was. The character was just so purely sick and wacked. Sarah was very good in badly written role. Claudia definitely ended in a very graphic way but Sarah stole the show at the end of her 2 year run as Claudia.

Aggie/Sandy: This role was first originally intended for GIna Tognoni who passed. This role was a pure WASTE of Sarah's talents. Just a badly poorly written role who had no impact on the cast or the characters. Brad Bell screwed Sarah in such a crappy role and then demoted her to recurring. I am sure Sarah never wants B&B on her resume it was the ULTIMATE WORST DUD ROLE.

Madison: She came onto DAYS in a great splash. This character looks to be a good role for Sarah. She has chemistry with EM and it looks like the new writers really are delving into this role. She has a combo of good and bad qualities. Honestly they are writing her so far so good. Sarah might have her best role since Carly here. Kudos to DAYS for bringing Sarah back in a much better role then her last.

How would you rate her roles on daytime and what would you say about each one?

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Ofcourse Carly was her best role but I thought she kicked ass as Claudia Zacchara to! Claudia will always be my second fave of her roles. I seriously loved that bitch even when the writing got bad! SJB played her so well. I still miss Claudia so much.

Lulu: "Well it's not like Johnny to stand me up. Well, it is, but not this time. It was different."

Claudia: "Because you had sex. Don't get nervous, I read People, it's what I do. For instance I read that you wouldn't even be here unless you had a lot of guts"

Claudia: "If you don't want trouble your in the wrong house, cutie" LMAO!

God I loved her.

I only saw the tail end of her as Aggie on B&B and all I have to say is ph34r.png What a pointless character.

• Members

Neither of her stints on ATWT or B&B impressed me. She dragged out the same annoying mannerisms, she seemed both bored with the roles and uninspired to give either character any vulnerability or warmth.

While the ATWT role was clearly always meant to be short term (in spite of the "spin" at the time), I don't think Bell screwed her with the role of S/Aggie. If anything, I think he went out of his way to set her up with a sympathetic, viable character (at least as much as one can without playing pocket pool with Ridge). He gave her an entire family, who were not token minorities or "wacky". I just don't think she's capable (or perhaps cut out) to play a "likeable" character.

• Members

Here's mine in order from best to worst.

1. Carly - Definitely her best character! Back during the final good years of GH. I loved the whole Bobbie/Tony/Carly story and thought Sarah did a fantastic job! And I loved her and Steve Burtons chemistry! Major Jarly fan that was so disappointed when they hooked her up with Sonny. Sarah and MB had great chemistry, but my heart belonged to Jarly. I'm sorry but Carly should have died when Sarah left. She lived and breathed Carly. Carly was never the same when she left. So sad, I really really used to love this character.

2. Claudia - Now I know lots of people hated Claudia but I loved her! She was a selfish bitch, yes. But she never pretended to be otherwise. I loved all her cat fights with Kate and Olivia. I thought she had explosive chemistry with Ric and great chemistry with Nikolas and can't believe neither of these were explored more. She was doomed though once they made her responsible for Michael's shooting. What a twisted mind Guza has knowing that she played Carly and all. Even though I hated how they wrote her off, she completely stole the show from MB and his god awful over-acting.

3. Madison - So far so good! This character is off to the best start since Carly! It's too soon to give her the number 2 spot yet, but I'm very hopeful they won't screw it up. I'm loving her chemistry with EM and really looking forward to more Mad vs Kate scenes.

4. Julia - I can appreciate this role for what it was for. Sarah only committed for 6 months so even though she was the token wrench in a super couples story. I loved her scenes with MW and MB! Although I felt her character had a lame ending. She got in a fight with Lily and bumped her head but really her ex killed her with something really lame that I don't even want to remember. Yeah, lame!

5. Agnes - Ugh, Aggie. What a waste of a character on an even bigger waste of a television show. Nobody could of made this character work because it was so poorly and badly written, very one dimensional and that's when they cared to give her story. She became nothing once she miscarried. Besides a couple throw away scenes here and there.

He gave her a family that she shared a total of like 5 scenes with her entire time there. Bradley Bell screwed her with a very crappy character that once she miscarried had no story or reason to be on the show. Not to mention she had no chemistry with Jack Wagner whatsoever. I would think any idiot would notice that and try her out with somebody else but apparently I gave that idiot Bradley Bell too much credit. It's no surprise though, B&B is the worst show I've ever seen in my life. I can hardly believe anyone can watch it. It's awful!

• Members

I'm not holding up B&B as some example of excellence in the genre. It is what it is---camp---and has highs and lows like any other show. I know that---just as Sarah or her agent should have. I don't think she "fit" there---but you can't say Bell didn't give her every opportunity to shine in the role, and didn't give her significant airtime in which to do it. (at least comparatively for B&B.) I actually didn't think lack of chemistry with Wagner was a problem. IMO, it was the fact she couldn't make S/Aggie sympathetic, even as she tried to regain her life. Once her feelings for Nick developed, Brown played the role as if it were a completely different character. She was hard and judgmental, almost to the point of being cruel.

No. She'd moved to NYC for six-eight months to follow her baby-daddy or something.

• Members

Really? She was that a lot of the time but I always remember the Momma you're the only one who loves me scene with Virginia and that just tore me apart. Probably one of my favorite scenes with her tenure as Carly and a definitive one of the character. I also found her to be incredibly sympathetic in the scenes with her miscarriage when she was paired with Sonny.

Archived