Y&R: Former AMC actress joins the show

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Billy/Richie was the thing that saved Annie. Prior to Richie we had to suffer threw boring Annie who was just an appendage to Ryan. Billy Miller's Richie knocked the crazy into Annie and made her semi-interesting when she was such a sleeping pill of a character before.

I think everyone is trying to move out of soaps. They are all being cancelled. I do think she should have at least tried to stick it out longer though. It's only been a couple of months from her AMC stint. Surely she could have tried to hit up some indie work like Bruan did for three years before she resorted to hitting up AMC and Days for a paycheck. She hasn't really been gone that long. Maybe her return to AMC was her needing a paycheck.

It depends entirely on the role. I wouldn't say Annie was "dynamic" until around 2008. Which was two years into the role. She could definitely fit right into a low key Y&R role and no one would have a clue she was Crazy Annie from AMC except a few selective AMC viewers. Egan can turn the light on and off. I always found her to be very hit and miss in general anyways with the hysterics/theatrics.

• Members

Her return to AMC was for... three episodes? I'm sure she appreciated the money, but I suspect it was more just goodwill with the show ending. But yeah, as for going out of soaps, she probably didnt' score any pilots and was offered the job--I can't begrudge her that.

You're right about Annie--and i liked Billy as Richie (though B/E never went as full on with all fothat as they could since they were so focused on the show being all about Ryan/Greenlee/and especially Zendall). Annie, before crazy, was a boring, useless character, but I also didn't feel that MCE added anything to the role--I'm not sure if she's good at playing nice girls.

• Members

Billy Miller has brought out nothing in any of his female co-stars on Y&R (except maybe Christel Kahlil, briefly), and actually dragged a few down, so I'm not sure if AMC was different. Watching the early Annie stuff on Soapnet now, I can't say it blows me away, but I think MCE is solid, a little hard, but doing alright in a non-role.

• Members

I actually think CK while not a strong actress seems to be able to gel with just about anyone even DG. Billy I just don't see all the greatness everyone else and very little chemistry with anyone. But on Y&R aside from the longterm actors, I don't really see anyone on that show having exceptional chemistry and even some of the vets like PB seem to have given up. I think most of the chemistry with the cast is lukewarm at best and its probably why people go gaga when someone like MM and SC seem to generate some heat because no one else on the show really does. Maybe Billy and MCE might click who knows but for people who say writing doesn't matter, Y&R has some decent not great actors that would probably do better in the chemistry dept with better writing.

• Members

Egan grew tons under her work with Miller. I can't express the difference enough through my eyes. It was like she finally grew a personality and finally realized who Annie was supposed to be. The turn from simpleton housewife to deranged psychopath was/is remarkable. She was a junior version of Janet basically although Kate Collins as an actress still kicks her ass seventeen ways from Sunday but the difference between Annie 1.0 and Annie 2.0 was just remarkable. There was finally an edge to her and while she was a little green at first she finally gained an on-screen presence which was sorely missed through all of her time on the show prior to that. Billy's Richie was a great catalyst who got things moving on AMC. I find Billy Abbott hard to watch for a variety of reasons (mainly he is to stupid and messed up to live) but Richie Novak was a great villain to watch and he pushed a lot of characters and made them more interesting. I will say that much. He was the most watchable villain AMC had since William DeVry's Michael Cambias.

• Members

When my BBFL told me I was laughing, now I just cry for her. Paired w/ a terribly overrated actor in Billy Miller and likely stored away in nonsense s/ls for what 4-6 mths.? It figures Judy Blythe would make this ridiculous move, did it work for Eden? did it work for Liz? did it work JonBoy? I love you Missy, but I will not suffer watching you on Y&R you are better than that mess and so is Debbie Morgan.

Archived