Y&R: Former AMC actress joins the show

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Victoria's supposed to be older than Nick and I dont think MCE looks older than Morrow. He's 7 years older than her and it shows. The character of Victoria should be in her late 30s now. Amelia Heinlee is 38. One of Y&R's worst vices of late has been the wonky aging they've done with their casting and they really dont need to be de-aging Victoria. Heck Marcy Rylan is a year older than MCE and Victoria was once Abby's step mother. Victoria just isnt the role for her

• Members

Right now for the newman kids we got AH (Victoria) 38, JM (Nick) 37, MM (Adam) 36 and MR (Abby) 31 in a month. MCE (Victoria) 30 is where we would be if you had your way. I really dont think the oldest Newman kid should be played by the youngest actor. That would just be reinforcing the bad casting decisions this show has been making

• Members

MCE could be Victoria, Heather, Nikki, Jill, Cassandra, or Liz Foster, and the writing would bring her down no matter what. This show can't write for anyone.

At least "Killer Miller" is more fully in his where-is-my-paycheck mode, so she won't have to put up with the full Chompers effect that poor actors in 2009 and 2010 did.

New actors are either hated by fans, or popular with some fans, or the soap press, but dismissed early.

But I certainly can't criticize an actor for wanting a job, and I'm sure it will be a challenge, so I hope it works out for MCE.

• Members

I am beginning to think most of the soap actors out there are onto Y&R at this point. I don't think for Debbi or Melissa they are looking to stretch their skills I think they are using Y&R as much as Y&R is using them and I hope they are milking Sony for a pretty penny.

Archived